Triangle G-rated 16" trailer tires

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
IM curious those that tow or hotshot if any of you have ran the Triangle TR T01S G rated trailer tires in the 235/85R16 flavor. They are 100% chinese made but damn they are cheap lol.

I bought 2 to replace the 5 year old hartland g rated 235/85R16's on my toy hauler. They were showing signs of sidewall cracking and didnt want to risk a blow out. The other two hartlands i had on there are 6 months old. First thing i noticed right off the batt is the trangle tire is significantly larger than the hartland tire. i dont know if the chinese f-ed up some calcs or what but you can visually see a difference in hieght. ill have to measure it after work for an exact number. Otherwise, there was no significant issues i could see.

That said, i ran them for 1000 miles for our trip to Colorado and back. no noticable issues but i had this "china bomb" worry in the back of my head the whole damn time. Im going to put two hartlands back on and use these triangles as spares (i keep two spares for the trailer, ill swap out the 2015 year tires thats on my spare wheels with these triangles).

Has anyone ran these for any length of time? i couldnt find much for reveiws on them but im curious.

Hoser

Jun 19, 2016
Farmington, MN
Personally I’ve had waaaayyyyy too many China bombs blow up on me to ever trust them. Especially if you say they are cheap. There’s a reason they are cheap. Case in point, I just bought a new (used) enclosed trailer a bit ago. I needed to make a haul out to southern Oregon from Minnesota. I meant to swap the tires before I left, and just didn’t get to it/forgot. I was on the road and figured I should be fine, since the tires were brand new and I only had maybe 6000 pounds in the trailer. Long story short, midnight, I’m on the side of the road in the middle of South Dakota with two blown tires. The tires blew so spectacularly that it blew the entire aluminum fender off as well as the 5” tall aluminum trim along the bottom of the trailer and peeled the .040” trailer skin back. I had to walk about a mile in the dark to find both pieces of trim that got blown off. I only had one spare with since I also forgot to grab a couple more, I threw that on and was able to limp it to the next town. This was at night, cool, and I checked all tires before I left and they were properly inflated. Moral of the story, I don’t run China bombs. Yes I’ve blown a couple Goodyear G614s, but I have waaaaayyyyyy more miles on G614s than I do on China bombs, and I have blown lots and lots of China tires. I know there’s a million stories like mine, and I have lots more, but it just goes to show that these Chinese tires are not worth the risk. I especially would not risk it on an RV, there’s a lot more at stake and the repairs are much more expensive when they fail.

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
boat, equipment trailer and dump trailer... all blew tires before. They all were china bombs, i am running gladiators on them now. So far so good, dump trailer constantly gets overloaded and the equipment trailer gets borrowed more then i use the dang things. And we all know how other people use our stuff lol....

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
Junk, just pulled them off a equipment trailer yesterday. Separation issues on all 4. 2 years old and maybe 5k miles. Came new on trailer. Hercules H-901s is what went back and is what’s been on all our trailers out here at the ranch for the last few years now and have yet to have any issues. We use Ultra-Seal extreme grade in them as well.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
are all these tire failures from bias ply tires? because it seems like they are much more sensitive to pressure, age and heat. have any of you ran radials on your trailer? I have them on mine but haven't but any real miles to tell if the softer side walls will be an issue. from what I've read, those he do love them as they don't fail the same way and seem to fail less often even when running on low pressure or overloaded

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Junk, just pulled them off a equipment trailer yesterday. Separation issues on all 4. 2 years old and maybe 5k miles. Came new on trailer. Hercules H-901s is what went back and is what’s been on all our trailers out here at the ranch for the last few years now and have yet to have any issues. We use Ultra-Seal extreme grade in them as well.

Thanks Blake, I was thinking 2 years would be their max. That’s what the Chinese ones on my trailer originally lasted

are all these tire failures from bias ply tires? because it seems like they are much more sensitive to pressure, age and heat. have any of you ran radials on your trailer? I have them on mine but haven't but any real miles to tell if the softer side walls will be an issue. from what I've read, those he do love them as they don't fail the same way and seem to fail less often even when running on low pressure or overloaded

I’ve actually never had a bias ply blow or separate on me. All these ones we are talking about are radials. I’d run bias if I could but they wear out way too fast. I also don’t think they have the load capacity. That’s what I run on my flatbed trailer as it doesn’t see the miles as much as the toyhauler.

Reactions: SickLL7Crenshaw

Hoser

Jun 19, 2016
Farmington, MN
True, but when a G614 fails, it tends to take fenders with it.
Any tire will take a fender out. In my post above, those were crappy China tires and mainly nylon, and they blew the entire fender and trim off, and peeled back and ripped .040” aluminum skin on a heavy duty enclosed trailer. I can’t imagine what that would pave done to an RV made out of toothpicks and fiberglass.

OleBlackyLBZ

May 22, 2020
I am about to put some synergy SP500 14 ply 235/80/16 on my 30' gooseneck. Anyone have any experience with them? My local tire shop is giving them to me for $173ea. This is my first time buying trailer tires..

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
Don’t use synergy, Hercules H-901 are only $20 more a tire and will be more then worth it. We have 14-15 trailers out here and that’s the only tire we will use and have been using for the last 5 years.

OleBlackyLBZ

May 22, 2020
So the synergys are $700 for four. I can't find but one shop that can get the Hercules and they have to order them, they are $950. I'd much rather have the Hercules but are they worth $250 more? My heaviest loads run about 13,000lbs

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
So the synergys are $700 for four. I can't find but one shop that can get the Hercules and they have to order them, they are $950. I'd much rather have the Hercules but are they worth $250 more? My heaviest loads run about 13,000lbs
whats an LT tire run (light truck tire)? those are generally load range E and dont have the sidewall stiffness but wont be blowout prone and will hold that weight without issue

Reactions: 2004LB7

OleBlackyLBZ

May 22, 2020
I considered going that route but I have 4 spare tires already mounted on rims that came with the trailer so I kinda wanted to use everything up before switching. Ive heard your not supposed to mix and match LT's with ST's. But for that matter you probably not supposed to mix 14 ply with 10 ply spares. I guess getting me home would probably be fine taking it easy.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I considered going that route but I have 4 spare tires already mounted on rims that came with the trailer so I kinda wanted to use everything up before switching. Ive heard your not supposed to mix and match LT's with ST's. But for that matter you probably not supposed to mix 14 ply with 10 ply spares. I guess getting me home would probably be fine taking it easy.
yeah mixing load ratings and different tires aint the best but ive done it. i actually ran two 10 plys on one side of the trailer and 2 14 plys on the other side for a year before i finally bought new 14 plys for that one side. had no issues with the trailer.

OleBlackyLBZ

May 22, 2020
Online prices reflect what blake mentioned about there only being a $20 difference in synergy vs hercules. But in my case with a $65/tire difference those 14ply synergys have to be far far better than the cheapo 10 plys I've been running that came on the trailer (don't remember the brand). So I think ima give the synergys a try. Next go around I want hercules if they are more easily available then... I just cant find them right now from anyone with decent prices

OleBlackyLBZ

May 22, 2020
I had pretty much decided to pay the extra $200 for the hercules, but I have a load to haul Friday that will get loaded up tomorrow evening and it was gonna take 2-3 days to get the hercules in so I had no choice but to go with the synergy. $742 out the door. We shall see...