Transfer case range shift

That diesel dude

Jul 15, 2023
Kalamazoo mi
So recently replaced my t case thinking it was bad the tail shaft gasket decided it didn’t want to stay on anymore so it came off I didn’t realize it til it was to late went to go make a turn hit the gas as normal and got absolutely nothing outta anger and curiosity I smashed the peddle to the floor and it slowly moved I had reverse all day long so I went ahead replaced the t case considering all fluid was outta it yes I filled the old one b4 and got nothing except reverse so now the new one is in and I’m have it the same issues except I only get range shift in reverse and it acts like it doesn’t want to move I’m stumped I checked the main harness that goes into the backside of trans replaced nsbu ignition as well filled trans back up last 3 things I can think to do are replace transmission change the trans harness or the tcm but I’m getting codes po700 p0841 & code p0871

That diesel dude

Jul 15, 2023
Kalamazoo mi
Yea I’m starting to think the same I basically narrowed it l down to a stuck c valve sylonid from code p0700 = p841 841 is c valve but I’m trying to see if there’s more to it I hate electrical stuff 😅

2005_LLwhyyy

Jan 31, 2024
Yosemite, California
So recently replaced my t case thinking it was bad the tail shaft gasket decided it didn’t want to stay on anymore so it came off I didn’t realize it til it was to late went to go make a turn hit the gas as normal and got absolutely nothing outta anger and curiosity I smashed the peddle to the floor and it slowly moved I had reverse all day long so I went ahead replaced the t case considering all fluid was outta it yes I filled the old one b4 and got nothing except reverse so now the new one is in and I’m have it the same issues except I only get range shift in reverse and it acts like it doesn’t want to move I’m stumped I checked the main harness that goes into the backside of trans replaced nsbu ignition as well filled trans back up last 3 things I can think to do are replace transmission change the trans harness or the tcm but I’m getting codes po700 p0841 & code p0871
I'm currently working through similar symptoms on my 05. Did you ever figure out what the problem was?