It now intermittently clunks when i put it in reverse

any ideas?

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Transgo valves should not have any bearing on your garage shift to reverse as they work like stock valves until a certain pressure is reached. You may have a draggy trim valve or something else is causing your rough shift. Have someone with a Tech 2 clear your garage shifts.

timruger1

Apr 10, 2012
trans clunk

Truck has 44k on it and it didnt start until the transgo.
No its not the U joints

I assume a tech 2 is a type of scanner. I will check and see if I can get those garage codes cleared

thanks

03spoolindmax

Nov 9, 2011
Mi
I assume a tech 2 is a type of scanner. I will check and see if I can get those garage codes cleared

thanks

There's no codes. What mike means is after a rebuild or any modifications are done to the trans you have to reset its memory. The Allison is constantly adapting and learning your driving habits. When you clear the garage shifts. It resets them to relearn how to shift from reverse or drive and learns how to engage smoother.

TLyons90

Apr 22, 2013
Greenville, SC
Efi or a tech 2 are the most and best ways to relearn the tranny... However correct me if I'm wrong worse case if he has a cts or something similar can also relearn the tranny, just not as in depth process...

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
How does trans go work.

The TRANSGO valves have the check valves in the end of them that allow them to go to full line pressure where the stock valves are limited to roughly 125PSI max. The check valves open at roughly 60 PSI commanded, so this allows the TRANSGO valves to work as the clutch packs are engaged by about 45 PSI. This allows the TCM to have control of the engage and release, but once the packs are engaged the TRANSGO valves allow full line pressure to them.

I'm sure others can give a better description of how they work as I have a tough time putting how things work into words.

timruger1

Apr 10, 2012
trans clunk

My neighbor has a snap on analyzer I will see if he can clear the garage settings

Worse case, if I leave it will it eventually relearn on its own and stop?