Trading a delete LML.

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
I am about to trade my 11' off on a 201.5 and the one dealer who is a realer large well known dealer on the west. when I told them what I had to trade in they said "ok we have to ask you some question to assess what we can give you" the 4th question was "have you modified the exhaust" I said yes and told them what I had done and she said ok we will have to deduct the cost of the replacement parts off your trade in value" I said ok let me know how much. the next day she called back and said ok the shop said we had to deduct 8k (yes 8,000.00$) off for the new exhaust. I said well in that case I'll put it back on. and then I said how do other dealer get away with selling deleted vehicles? she said those are smaller dealers and can get away with it. Anyone else run into this? I figured they were just using it for a way to make a lot more money and would still sell it deleted.

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
My dealer won't sell deleted vehicles either. I just sold my 11 privately and the new buyer was very pleased to have it deleted. Passed the smog test with flying colors also. Pretty simple to put it back on also. I also just bought the dpf delete pipe, we found a place that will mill out a hole in the dpf for around $80 so we're planning on doing that and putting them back on so they will look completely stock.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Put it back on or try somewhere else. Plenty of dealerships.

They probably quoted everything exhaust related. Trying to make the most money.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
That's why mine is not deleted. I don't want to go through the hassle.

I can put my back to stock in a few hours no problem. I bought it and did it for a reason and it served its purpose. Not to mention your in Cali and don't you have to get checked every couple years for license? we don't here.

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon

Yeah the other closer dealer is 1800.00 higher on their trade amount. I'd like to have a crew long bed this time and he quoted me 56,800 for a Z71 3500HD loaded (nav sunroof, heated and cooled front seats power sliding rear) all that good stuff and just giving me what I owe on my 11' since I bought it in Oct of 14' with no trade and nothing down for 42,500$ with 2.25 interest with 54K on it. its a Z71 LTZ black on black, no nav, no sunroof no rear slider, bed liner B@W drop down ball and had new tires and 24 month free maintainance and gm certified bumper to bumper warranty. which would end in oct of 16' they said the warranty would transfer to the new owner. LOL anyone want to buy it?? very straight very clean.

elliottw

Jan 23, 2013
ND
We take in deleted dmaxs on trade and sell them no prob, but we are a tiny chevy dealer in comparison to most but Idk why that would make a difference. I've seen deleted trucks at the bigger dealers around the state also. Half of it is probably ignorance on the salesman's part too, like they would just take the truck or give the person a set price on trade in and then see the truck is deleted and be sol

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon

They said if I put it back on they had no issue taking it in on trade. I still have all of it.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Put it back to stock and let it go. Its my understanding that its illegal to sell a truck without its emissions equipment no matter where you are. Its a federal law not local or state...

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
Put it back to stock and let it go. Its my understanding that its illegal to sell a truck without its emissions equipment no matter where you are. Its a federal law not local or state...

Yeah I bet your right. I've had dealer ask me for a long time if it "still had the Cat on it" before. back in 01 I bought an 86 chevy have ton I still have in my sig today. I traded the 85 off I had and he asked me if it had the cat and I said no, he said do you have it? I said no. and he said well I'm going to have to deduct that from the trade in and I said well how much are you going to knock of the 86 I'm buying because it has dual exhaust too and no cat's he looked at me and well I guess we don't have to worry about that on this one do we? LOL.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
What he said. There was a thread here not long back where somebody sold his truck himself to an individual who took it to another state that did emissions testing where it failed because the LMM was deleted. The person that bought it knew it was deleted, and bought it because it was. The other state refused to register it until it was put back to stock, and they went after the seller of the truck and made him pay to have it put back to stock for a sale on a truck that was sold as deleted. They used the federal statute for it, and made him pay. So put it back to stock, then sell it. I laugh everytime I see somebody selling there old DPF's and DEF systems knowing that if tehy ever sell it, they could be on the hook to replace it all with new when they get rid of the truck.

DMAX497

Sep 27, 2012
Utah
We legally can't put the stock exhaust back on in our shop. So the customer either does it or we out source it.

We'll hit customers 4-8k back of auction value If customers does not have the stock emissions equipment.

Then sell them at the auction if there is no stock equipment on the truck.
Illegal to sell deleted truck.

More stock the better for powertrain at least.

JoeyD

WTF
Apr 21, 2008
We legally can't put the stock exhaust back on in our shop. So the customer either does it or we out source it.

We'll hit customers 4-8k back of auction value If customers does not have the stock emissions equipment.

Then sell them at the auction if there is no stock equipment on the truck.
Illegal to sell deleted truck.

More stock the better for powertrain at least.

Why would you not be allowed to put the stock exhaust back on?

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I bet 8K and labor isn't super far off from retail on that stuff... I kept my stuff, what little there was on a Lilly, just for this reason. Any one up here that has deleted there DPF stuff I strongly urged them to hang onto it, never know AK might get stupid and start Emissions testing...

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
I never knew this. I took torches to my exhaust because I stipped bolts and couldn't get the dpf out without dropping the trans Mount. Gonna have to find someone who wants to sell their LMM stuff just in case.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
I have the complete exhaust system for my LBZ in the back yard and a few other miscellanous removed items in the garage, I do on occasion while guys are boasting about deleting to save the equipment. I as see a number of WTB post....Their opinion is I do not need it for emissions and never take into consideration tampering rules or trading the vehicle in. Even drilling a hole in an exhaust manifold for an EGT probe is tampering...

Last edited:

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
Well the stock exhaust is back on as of last night I'll put the tank back on tonight be ready to go. The 2015.5 LTZ/Z71 is waiting.

vern650

Mar 27, 2014
hyrum, ut
..................... Any one up here that has deleted there DPF stuff I strongly urged them to hang onto it, never know AK might get stupid and start Emissions testing...

exactly, it happened in my county in utah in the last year or two. Due to the geography of the valley we get 2-3 days a winter where inversions set in and we have some of the worst air quality in the nation for those couple days, so the feds urged the county to implement emissions testing. The county researched it and voted not to implement the testing due to lack of evidence that it would make any difference to the couple days of inversion we get. Shortly after that the feds came in with an ultimatum of implement the emissions or no more federal money for road maintenance and what not. Needless to say we now have emissions testing, you never know when the ol' EPA will get a wild hair and start forcing more of they're bright ideas on us.

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
so 56,800$ for a 2015.5 LTZ/Z71 3500HD crew cab long bed 4x4 sunroof, nav, sliding rear bed liner and tinted windows and bed LED's. sound like a decent price. the window sticker is 64,555$