Question: Toyo Proxes failure

Drholliday

May 28, 2008
Gresham, OR
Had one of my toyo's fail yesterday morning. I drove home New Years Eve and all was fine, woke up New Years Day and the tire was completely flat and I found this (see pics). This tire has been on the rear axle for the last 8,000 miles so it doesn't make sense to me. Anyone know what could cause this?

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    355.1 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    501.6 KB · Views: 65

05_LLY

Out-A-Time
Aug 7, 2006
Norvelt, PA
Id say a broken belt would cause that, these toyos are just about maxed out or our trucks when there empty so something little can cause a failure, hitting a curb, pothole, towing/ hauling heavy with them, ect...

eds04max

May 7, 2008
Landis, N.C.
That is bizzarre Chris!! I hate to hear that. Call me if you need anything.........I might can get it warrenteed???
Have you replaced it yet??

Drholliday

May 28, 2008
Gresham, OR
That is bizzarre Chris!! I hate to hear that. Call me if you need anything.........I might can get it warrenteed???
Have you replaced it yet??

No worries Ed, I just put a new set of 285's on it. I still have the 3 good toyo's and had the tire shop scrap the bad one. Really no point in trying to warranty the tire b/c they prorate the wear on the tire and it was getting pretty close to the wear bars, I put almost 15,000 miles on those tires after getting them from ya. I plan on getting another toyo to replace the bad one when I get back from Iraq to race on.