Tow/Haul mode not coming on

rshunter

Aug 14, 2018
LBZ and the tow mode light doesn't come on and it does not go into tow mode when I push the button. Saw a ton of videos on youtube about the wire coming from the shifter being broken. I tore the dash apart and checked the wire even under the plastic clips and its good, granted I don't know what going on up in the shifter, but I was just wondering if anybody else had experienced this and what the cause was for them. Just trying to sort it out myself. Thanks for any insight.

rshunter

Aug 14, 2018
No. I cant get up in the shifter. Just didn't know if there was another possibility outside that wire. If the TCM could stop "talking" to the wire/button or anything of that nature.

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
The connector for the shifter itself is less than 6" from the shifter so you need to unplug it and ohm the wires to see if they make connection/close the circuit when you push the button. Very common for the wires to break where they come out of the shifter lever causing the issue so you just replace the shifter lever assembly.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Buy a new shifter for 50 bucks and be done with it. We replace these every couple of months.