Torque Angle Sensor

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
are you supposed to use it? Yes.

Have I ever used one putting a [dmax] motor together? well....no....

Have I ever had any problems with anything? no. :)

Your mileage may vary!!!!

Last edited:

408.Luke

Joined the DARKSIDE
Sep 19, 2009
Houston
i never liked the digital tq wrenches so i bought two angle finder dealies one 1/2in and one 3/8 for the house, now in the field i use the each - for grade rating as an idea of what *, but we hardly ever have to rebuild our 3412/3512 cats. most other stuff is impact :lol: now when it come to rods if there is a bolt stretch and a tq given use a stretch gauge and not the tq wrench, it is much more accurate, although i must say i didnt use it on my 4.8's arp rod bolts :(

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
The 1/2in snap reads ft lbs, in lbs, NM, and deg. It shows up to 260ft lbs on the adjustment, but I've figured out that it only beeps and vibrates up to 260lbs but if you keep going it will read up to at least 320lbs I've seen so far. Also if set to angle after initial torque it will still give you the total ft lbs up to at least 340lbs. Some say theirs don't but mine sure does.

I think it runs about $400 or so if I remember right it's been a while.

I've got the 1/2" drive TechAngle wrench and it'll only go up to 312ft/lb before it locks up. The Techwrenches will Lock up at 125% of it's rated capacity.

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
I think the clip is to stop the degree wheel from turning. If you look at the other one, it has a rod to stop the degree wheel from turning.