Tires

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
I’m in desperate need for tires, I’m running 3 smoked STT pros and 1 old ST, and I can’t hear myself think.

I don’t care about mileage, I have a bad habit of not rotating them and I tend to spin them from time to time, don’t tow either. I run 10 plys just to save on flats.

I’m wanting either bfg ko2’s 121s type, Goodyear wrangler MTR’s (not sure how loud they are) or aurroa p800’s (cheap but have deep tight tread).

Reason I ask is because I’ve never ran any tires but STT’s or ST’s. I don’t want a tire that rolls in turns or one that’s loud as **** in 3,000 miles, I’m planning on slapping a lift on and slamming it to get my ride back.

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
I loved my Toyo AT2s but had good luck with terra grapplers and found them to be a bit wuieter.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Nitto terra grappler, ridge grappler & dura grappler all get my vote. I have the dura grappler now

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Mtr will not last for your use, and they are loud.

Ya they are loud and that the main reason I wouldn’t get them again. They have wore very good for me. I driver my truck very hard since it’s my toy, but they always get rotated.

I’m thinking strongly about Ridge Grapplers next. Other then the muds the off-road traction sucks on the rest IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Ridge Grapplers aren't wearing very good on my brothers '15. Good tire though, very quiet for how aggressive they look

Tyler_LBZ

Feb 26, 2015
NC
What about the nitto ridge grappler?

I am currently running them in a 285/65/18 and really like them. Surprisingly quiet, great traction off road and so far they are wearing really well (~10k miles on them). They handle good on the street too but I'm not running a big tire either.

I've ran the Cooper ATP, BFG AT KO, and Toyo AT. So far the Ridge Grapplers have them beat IMO.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I will say one thing about MTRs their wet traction is the best I have seen. I would slide around corners and blow my tires away leaving red lights all the time with my other Mts and Ats. These took a little more throttle before that happens.

Last edited:

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
I've run them all. I never rotate, maybe once every 15 or 20k. Toyo mt last really good but recently I've found the atturo mt is just as good as toyo for considerably less money. I'm running them on my single cab short bed bc I tend to drift it around most corners...:rofl:

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I've run them all. I never rotate, maybe once every 15 or 20k. Toyo mt last really good but recently I've found the atturo mt is just as good as toyo for considerably less money. I'm running them on my single cab short bed bc I tend to drift it around most corners...:rofl:
How is the noise? What about on/off toad traction.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
Think I’m going to try Mickey Thompson atz p3 next
They are like 100 bucks cheaper than the Toyo at
In 285/75/16

Columbus450

Aug 24, 2017
Louisiana
Not sure about that statement it's nothing to balance a tire, Heard nothing but good about Mickey Thompson p3,s , plenty of guys who have gotten thousands upon thousands of miles out of them and they wear evenly , with little to no hum