Thermostat housing studs

SIKDMAX

Highway Burnouts!
Sep 14, 2007
Central Coast, Cali
www.sikdmax.com
I need the 4 studs that are in the bottom part of the thermotstat housing, that the top piece slides onto. I have no idea what happened to mine...:confused: Anyone have a part number?

Under that piece, there is the black coolant downtube that has about a 1.5" diameter o ring on the bottom of it, need that part number as well. Can provide a pic if you guys need. THanks

SIKDMAX

Highway Burnouts!
Sep 14, 2007
Central Coast, Cali
www.sikdmax.com
Im 99% sure both parts were removed at Guys when the motor was there. Oring Im sure was toast, studs were pulled I think to clean the block and related components (coolant pipes look clean so Im assuming they were )

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Matt your dealership will have everything there... just bring your VIN. I always put EVERYTHiNG in plastic bags and lable them.... good insurance

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
Im 99% sure both parts were removed at Guys when the motor was there. Oring Im sure was toast, studs were pulled I think to clean the block and related components (coolant pipes look clean so Im assuming they were )

Im pretty sure there bolts and not studs at least on my truck there bolts. just go to the hardware store. there probblly 1.50 pitch thread and 10-or 12mm AND I HAVE THE ALL THE ORINGS but you will need to ask jason to didg then out. as when he moved im pretty sure there in one of his boxes somwhere. just pay cost of them.

Last edited:

SIKDMAX

Highway Burnouts!
Sep 14, 2007
Central Coast, Cali
www.sikdmax.com
See I thought they were bolts too and I have them..... but in a pic I saw... henrys I think? The top portion was off and there were studs sticking out.

I have hundreds of ziploc bags with labels and have the bag for that stuff, and have bolts in there, but for some reason I thought I tried and they were too long a while back. Ill go check.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
nope...they are bolts...just go to the hardware store...

what you are thinking of probably is the boss on top of the thermostat housing that holds the small bracket for tieing down the alternator wiring and ECT sensor wiring.

Last edited:

SDP

AKA Dmax15
Dec 20, 2008
Port Angeles, WA
The only studs to do with the thermostat housing are the ones coming off the heads correct? Other than that its only bolts like stated.

SIKDMAX

Highway Burnouts!
Sep 14, 2007
Central Coast, Cali
www.sikdmax.com
I appreciate it guys. When I get downstairs Ill take a look.... finishing up some stuff from work.

Thanks to everyone helping me thru this as well.... its not easy but this place certainly makes it easier!

Thanks Tommy, I may have Jason bring them up depending on when he can head up, or ill have Mike mail them out.