Theoretical sled pulling question

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
for archival purposes: this post was found to be false, that the claimed incident never happened.

Say you got a guy that drag races...and is gonna pull work stock but has a nitrous kit custom installed on his truck.
You know it's there....rules say it can't be and that's fine.
Would you talk to the guy and make sure it's disabled for the pull....no bottle, controller, etc....or would you call the people putting on the pull and rat the guy out so he has to remove the complete system just to have some fun?

No names...just curious how everyone else would handle that situation.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Neens

BFD
Staff member
Aug 10, 2006
Monrovia, Ca.
I'd just make sure the bottle/bottles were pulled out...Although hiding something would be easy, hopefully he's a straight shooter...

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
Pretty simple to pull the lines under the hood.

I would think that if you showed up to the pull, a general consensus of people can be made happy with watching it be disabled in front of them.

But, rules are rules though too.

where you pullin? :D

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
Not me...and there's no nitrous on my truck anyway.
I gave all my old nitrous stuff away to avoid the temptation. LOL

JOHNBOY

< Rocking the Big Single!
Aug 30, 2006
Saegertown, Pa
Say you got a guy that drag races...and is gonna pull work stock but has a nitrous kit custom installed on his truck.
You know it's there....rules say it can't be and that's fine.
Would you talk to the guy and make sure it's disabled for the pull....no bottle, controller, etc....or would you call the people putting on the pull and rat the guy out so he has to remove the complete system just to have some fun?

No names...just curious how everyone else would handle that situation.

This has come up around here several times. Usually just pull the bottle and undo the line to the 'noid. No real need to pull the lines and wiring IMHO.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
If it's just for fun, why doesn't he just pull exhibition instead of a class that might be paying out. I had someone tell me a few days ago that when it comes to money, no one is honest.

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
This guy is well known, well respected and has enough money to not care about a pay-out.
I just think it's excessive and pretty crappy to call the sanctioning bodyto rat the guy out when it could be handled with so much less drama.

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
Not gonna say that..it's not my truck so it's not my place to name names. I just wanted some opinions on the subject from people that sled pull.

Huntinducks82

Apr 21, 2008
Centerville MD
Pull the bottle and pull on. I would call whoever is puttin on the pull and ask if that would be okay. 99% of them would not have a problem if the bottle was pulled.

champ

Mar 8, 2008
this thread is about me. unfortunately the complaintant doesnt have the cajone's to question me directly. he calls the guy putting on a pull, telling him that i intend to cheat, blah blah blah. i have never cheated, wouldnt cheat, and never will cheat..its just not in me. ive been in the diesel game long enough to have established whether my credibility is good. but to have captain whistle blower calling people telling them i plan to cheat is insane, immature, and speaks to his character. my name on the other boards is bigrpowr..im sure some here will know me. it just makes me feel bummed, and not really liking the sport very much when i cant hand my truck over to a serviceman who's been in afghanistan for 7 months, who's truck isnt fit to pull so im letting him run mine, because a person like this wants to throw out accusation that are 100% totally unfounded. i even went as far as to let this person inspect my truck... maybe the person will grow a set, put down the milk money, and stop being such a baby behind closed doors. he is on this site and he's very active.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I don't get it. If you aren't planning on cheating, why not just pull the stuff that you're supposed to pull. Surely the organization that is running the pull has some rules pertaining to nitrous and what parts of a system are or are not allowed. If they don't, call the person running the pull and ask them what is or isn't allowed. Seems pretty simple to me. If you really want your truck to pull you'll try to follow the rules. Or do what I said and pull in exhibition where no one would really care.

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
I don't get it. If you aren't planning on cheating, why not just pull the stuff that you're supposed to pull. Surely the organization that is running the pull has some rules pertaining to nitrous and what parts of a system are or are not allowed. If they don't, call the person running the pull and ask them what is or isn't allowed. Seems pretty simple to me. If you really want your truck to pull you'll try to follow the rules. Or do what I said and pull in exhibition where no one would really care.

That's not the real issue...the real issue is someone from this site calling the pull promoter and saying Mike has nitrous on his truck....insinuating that he's going to cheat.

FYI...Mike isn't even driving his truck at the pull....a well known west coast puller will be behind the wheel.

champ

Mar 8, 2008

i just didnt want to pul every piece off is all.. but if i have to, ill do it in the pits..and holding the check and trophy in front of you know who will even be sweeter.

JOHNBOY

< Rocking the Big Single!
Aug 30, 2006
Saegertown, Pa
So do they have rules about what is allowed or not?

Yep NADM rules.
Nitrous Oxide:

Nitrous oxide is prohibited. No other oxygen extenders are allowed. All system components must be removed from the truck.
Pat had Gene and Dieter type it in there last year because he knew that Mike would show up with spray.:spit:

champ

Mar 8, 2008
Yep NADM rules.
Pat had Gene and Dieter type it in there last year because he knew that Mike would show up with spray.:spit:

yes..i knew he would call crying cuz kats truck was gonna get the hammer for once. omg ... a truck once sprayed nitrous, he beats women and children, he's a loser, a cheat.. well played johnboy..your credibility just went... ...tell pat to reply to my email since he was scred to, but he would talk $hit on me to others...

Status
Not open for further replies.