the oilfield

Ri$h

Ri$h Racing
Mar 28, 2009
Kansas
I work in the oil patch, im i mechanic for Anadarko petroleum, i work on BIG engines lol,

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Working right now in the NWT for E.O.G. I know alot of guys that are not working:(

I work for a underbalance drilling and seperation company

Attachments

• nabor 59.jpg
    nabor 59.jpg
    879.5 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

Ri$h

Ri$h Racing
Mar 28, 2009
Kansas
Engine

here is a pic of one of the engines i take care of, it a white superior 16 cyl it has a 10.5in bore and a 9.5in stroke, cranks out 2650hp at 900rpm, and it only wheighs 54,000lbs, lol. they suck to work on too.

Attachments

• engine.JPG
    engine.JPG
    160 KB · Views: 46

coldLBZ

Apr 22, 2007
Alberta, Canada
I worked as a field operator back in 2005 for about 9 months until the contract was up. I have tried a few times since to get back into it, but was unsuccessful.

FMOS

Hard Up
Nov 19, 2008
Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
Quality Assurance/ Quality Control/ Process equipment inspector. Worked in sour gas plants, sour gas gathering fields, drilling rigs, pipelines, open pit mines, bitumen extraction plants and I'm currently working at an upgrader.

Simon, you work for Nabors? I used to know a few tool pushs' that worked for them. A bunch of guys that worked for Phelps too.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Simon doesn't work for Nabors.;) But we have a few buddies that do/used to.

Myself I work for Calfrac in Russia as a Maintenance Supervisor. I babysit 20 guys between two shifts and about 220 pieces of coil and frac equipment. We have engines both diesel and gas ranging from 26hp up to 2250 hp so there is quite a variety of engines, hydraulics and electrical nightmares that drive me to drink and smoke daily! :cool:

FMOS

Hard Up
Nov 19, 2008
Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
Russia... thats heavy duty.

I used to work out of Cochrane, Alberta in the gas field (wildcat hills, savanna creek, ghost river, jumping pound...)

The last 3.5 years have been in Fort McMurray(actually living here)... Contrary to what everyone says, I love it up here. The only other city I would live in is Calgary, but I'd rather have a shack it in the sticks out by Lac La Biche or something.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Simon, you work for Nabors? I used to know a few tool pushs' that worked for them. A bunch of guys that worked for Phelps too.

No im am working with this rig right now though we are drilling underbalance and we have 3 holes left to do on this pad.

Ive been here over a month and we still have atleast another week left on this hole.....So i should be busy till early August:angel:

Durasizzle

Oct 3, 2008
Stony Plain. Alberta
i wouldnt mind working in Russia, would be a change from good ol Alberta.

Ive worked around GP when i was still in high school Then i was at the big tank farm in sherwood park, and from there worked at Encana's expansion in the military base out by cold lake and after that went back to school and now theres no work lol

Last edited:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I just found out today that BJ Services is pulling all equipment out of Russia as of July 1st!! :cool2:

Good news for my company I guess.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I worked for Finning in the Okanagan as well. I tried to get transferred to Mildred Lake shortly after Finning took over R Angus but there was a union issue so I didn't get the job.