The Official 2009 Lotsofmiles Travels Thread

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
do you have motor carrier insurance? ifta stickers? do you stop for weigh stations? i have a small contract right now (few long hauls a year) and i'm able to skate without those things simply because for the small amount of long hauls i do with my truck its not cost effective...

lotsofmiles

Father of the Van
Dec 4, 2008
Michigan
do you have motor carrier insurance? ifta stickers? do you stop for weigh stations? i have a small contract right now (few long hauls a year) and i'm able to skate without those things simply because for the small amount of long hauls i do with my truck its not cost effective...

Some form of commercial ins thru Progressive. When I have a trailer hooked up the trailer is covered under the companies cargo ins. no ifta stickers, but do run magnet signs with their dot#. when loaded yes on the weigh stations. I went with a 3500SRW so empty I'm under 10K gross, so no weigh stations in most states (50;))

lotsofmiles

Father of the Van
Dec 4, 2008
Michigan
11 mar 09 - Ottawa Ontario Canada 22 foot 3900 lbs.

I should have taken 2 I couldn't feel the little booger back there.
Posted via Mobile Device

lotsofmiles

Father of the Van
Dec 4, 2008
Michigan
steam cleaned them before this trip, all was good till last night. Chili for dinner

Wife came with me on this trip, just showed her the fart smilie :rofl:

Last edited:

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
thats what i've been towing around for the past couple years:rofl::rofl::rofl:

i've been all over the northeast with those things! picking up a 36' 11 stall unit in wyoming at the end of the month! gonna make a road trip down the old rt 66 then double back up to rawlins, wy.

corona, ca isn't too far off the rt 66 either :D maybe i'll make a stop and pay homage ;)

lotsofmiles

Father of the Van
Dec 4, 2008
Michigan
came back from LA end of 07, thought about taking 66 but didnt. I did make MI to LA, CA and back in 4 days 3 nights tho.

Picked up this little turd trailer today. Its going to sit in my driveway till Monday just going to Toronto. Its a 14ft and weighs 5000lbs! love the leds on it.

lotsofmiles

Father of the Van
Dec 4, 2008
Michigan
if anyone is just dying to have one of these little turd trailers, the customs papers hit the value at $23,500 usd.

thing better be gold toilets that wipe and dry you!

Last edited:

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
the 36' one weighs in around 10,500-11,000 and rents out for about 3 or 4 grand a day :eek:

and with a full waste tank weighs in over 16,000 thats without the 250 gallons of freshwater for flushing! that was a long 800 miles with white knuckles!