That gasser life

Chad006

Drag racer wannabe
Feb 12, 2015
Goodlow, B.C.
Ahh ya there it is. Ya I've heard good things on them, look like great bang for your buck. If it were me I'd do cutouts and a corsa, best of both worlds. Nice and throaty but not abnoxious through the corsa, then open headers when you wanna scare the:poop: outta the guy beside you!

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Ahh ya there it is. Ya I've heard good things on them, look like great bang for your buck. If it were me I'd do cutouts and a corsa, best of both worlds. Nice and throaty but not abnoxious through the corsa, then open headers when you wanna scare the:poop: outta the guy beside you!

It's not fast enough to scare anyone lol.

I got this flowmaster for cheap, brand new. But after buying it, I realized it not the greatest.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Atleast Mike is out having fun with his,mine still sitting in the corner of either my garage or the roll cage shop. Only heard it fire up once in almost 2 years is pretty depressing.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Atleast Mike is out having fun with his,mine still sitting in the corner of either my garage or the roll cage shop. Only heard it fire up once in almost 2 years is pretty depressing.

All work and no play Brian... I feel your pain, hopefully it's about to change real soon:thumb:

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Had some fun with the truck...Fabbed myself a turbo kit utilizing a Borgwarner S369sx-e, then broke a few pistons 2 months later. It ran good though, made 530whp on 8psi. Ran it on 12psi for 2 weeks before pulling the engine. Cheap pistons.... Chinesium!

New build coming right along. New rods, pistons, valve springs, turbo cam....ect.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Can't say I have seen one brake like that and not take out the top of the piston.

I bent the rods in mine when it over boosted. :thumb: And that's the first time I have seen them bend in the direction of the pin. Had the counter weight not hit the bottom of the pin boss. I would have re used them.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Yes, honestly, I am not sure what caused this failure, other than the pistons being of chinese origin. Ring gap was not too tight, as we didn't see the top of the piston break off.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Yes, honestly, I am not sure what caused this failure, other than the pistons being of chinese origin. Ring gap was not too tight, as we didn't see the top of the piston break off.

Like you said, Chinesium... :D

Mine was OE factory pistons, So I slapped 2 new to me (used rods and pistons) back in it... Re used original rings and bearings for those bore's and sealed it back up. Just haven't had time to finish the last few pieces and fire it up.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Ohhhhh gonna have to read this thread. Seriously thinking about straying from duramax was for a while for a turbo 15+ slt sierra when I get straightened out.