Thank a Solider

offtohavasu

El Guapo Knows
Dec 8, 2008
Costa Mexico, CA
Thank a Soldier

I'm sure many of you have already seen this as it has been around for a while, however, I just received it in an e-mail and given the time of year, I thought it would be good to put it up.

Happy Holidays all!

XEROX IS DOING SOMETHING COOL

If you go to this web site, http://www.LetsSayThanks.com you can pick out a thank you card and Xerox will print it and it will be sent to a soldier that is currently serving in Iraq . You can't pick out who gets it, but it will go to a member of the armed services.
How AMAZING it would be if we could get everyone we know to send one!!! It is FREE and it only takes a second.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if the soldiers received a bunch of these? Whether you are for or against the war, our soldiers over there need to know we are behind t hem.
This takes just 10 seconds and it's a wonderful way to say thank you. Please take the time and please take the time to pass it on for others to do. We can never say enough thank you's.
Thanks for taking to time to support our military!

Last edited:

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
A few months ago Guy ( SoCalDiesel ) and I had breakfast together and upon leaving to pay the bill we spotted a long table with a bunch of service men eating. Guy quietly told the manager that he wanted to pay their bill in appreciation for what they have done for us. He did so without saying a word to the servicemen and we walked out quietly.
That was one of the nicest gestures I have ever seen. Shows you what kind of person Mr. Tripp is. :D

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
A few months ago Guy ( SoCalDiesel ) and I had breakfast together and upon leaving to pay the bill we spotted a long table with a bunch of service men eating. Guy quietly told the manager that he wanted to pay their bill in appreciation for what they have done for us. He did so without saying a word to the servicemen and we walked out quietly.
That was one of the nicest gestures I have ever seen. Shows you what kind of person Mr. Tripp is. :D

i have had that done to me a couple times while i was in the navy...

had one happen goiong through a drive through. :rofl:

deffanently makes one feel really warm inside :hug:

03demax

Sep 15, 2008
Central PA
Whenever I see one of our servicemen I make sure I say thankyou for your service to our country and shake there hand. Recently we had a soldier return from afganistan. He is part of our church family. About 20 of drove to the Harrisburg, PA airport and welcomed him and five other troops home. It was awsome and was appreciated!!:D:D

offtohavasu

El Guapo Knows
Dec 8, 2008
Costa Mexico, CA
I too always thank them when I see them. My g/f and I had dinner at one of those Baja Fresh type mexican places. Unfortunately, I did not catch them before they paid, but he was sitting with his family. I thanked him and his family for everything they have done as they both sacrifice.

I feel I can never give enough gratitude to the service men and women of our country.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
I have been thanked while working recruiters booths and walking into fairs where the booths are...and that's in MASSACHUSETTS!! I never saw any form of gratitude shown while at Ft. Leonard Wood or while flying in/out of airports...kinda expected i guess but weird.

SGM

Sergeant Major
Nov 18, 2008
Central Illinois
I was in Iraq during OIF II back in 04, this year I'm in Kosovo. It still amazes me how many organizations there are that are more than happy to send care packages and the only thing they ask is that we send them a letter or an email when we have time. We are going on 7 years of deployed troops with no end in sight, and the support hasn't decreased one bit. They don't care if your in Afghanistan, Iraq or anywhere else they are more than willing to help out the troops. :army:

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
I was in Iraq during OIF II back in 04, this year I'm in Kosovo. It still amazes me how many organizations there are that are more than happy to send care packages and the only thing they ask is that we send them a letter or an email when we have time. We are going on 7 years of deployed troops with no end in sight, and the support hasn't decreased one bit. They don't care if your in Afghanistan, Iraq or anywhere else they are more than willing to help out the troops. :army:

i got one of those type of letter started penpal then a relation ship with the chick then were dad wrote me and called it off:rolleyes:

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
X2 SGM.......AAFES does help out once in a while too :) when my father was in OIF invasion '03 almost everyone here in town sent packages...1200 people in town and only 4 family members deployed...made for some pretty good odds for them and their buddies.
now i dont think anyone in town sends out packages anymore but there are just so many organizations that collect donations now its amazing.

SGM

Sergeant Major
Nov 18, 2008
Central Illinois
AAFES does a great job here, PX is full of all kinds of electronic equipment for the younger crowd to spend their money on, pretty decent frozen meat section for the grill as well. MWR facilities are top rate, they have Chely Wright showing up here in the near future. Also heard rumor that Kid Rock and Dale JR were coming through here, believe that when I see it.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
AAFES does a great job here, PX is full of all kinds of electronic equipment for the younger crowd to spend their money on, pretty decent frozen meat section for the grill as well. MWR facilities are top rate, they have Chely Wright showing up here in the near future. Also heard rumor that Kid Rock and Dale JR were coming through here, believe that when I see it.

kid rock was trying to have the tour count for his Community service hours but they denied that...he will prolly still go though, not sure bout JR. no i agree, AAFES is good, just took them a while to get organized in OIF. they've supported my family in more ways than 1....my uncle started Kleen Bore gun cleaning products 20 yrs ago and was able to sell it for real money after my father initialized his contract with AAFES in 03. there was no cleaning kits to be found anywhere in Kuwait or Iraq and they needed them so my uncle sent AAFES 5 pallets of supplies as a gift and they were like "we want more!!"

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
yes they aren't that great, when Kleen Bore was sold to Armor Holdings Corp. in 04 the Executives decided that their other cleaning products names weren't going to be able to hold their own so Kleen Bore essentaily had to sub out all the AAFES work to cheaper businesses and was able to keep it's other contracts (S&W, Bass Pro Shops, SIG, FN, and other shooting teams and R&D departments)