*TECH TIP* LMM EGR delete heater hose

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I've been having a hard time coming up with something really useful to share with you guys, but I was reminded of this handy little part just a couple of days ago when I was getting ready to do an EGR delete on an LMM. As you may know, GM decided to pull coolant for the EGR cooler and heater from down by the oil cooler on the LMM. This creates somewhat of a problem when doing an EGR delete on them because for one, the hose barbs are different sizes, and two, they are very close together making it tough to hook together without kinking the hose or making a big ugly loop. Fortunately, there is a hose that is readily available that is stepped to fit both hose barbs, and it is the perfect width to connect both outlets.

This is a Gates hose p/n 18743. The legs are different lengths when you buy it, but in the pictures, I have already trimmed the longer one so they are equal length.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 459
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 457
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    145.7 KB · Views: 453
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 459

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Part Number: B87629
Alternate Part Number: S-4354

Autozone or Advanced Auto part numbers for the above hose for reference.Both places suck for the record! :D

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Thanks Josh. Is this readily available at Napa or say an AutoZone?
If they don't carry Gates, they should be able to cross reference it. I've found some stores stock the hose, and other have to order it. It just depends on where you go. At the least, they should be able to get it pretty quick.

We just save the stock gm 180° bend to use here.
You talking about the hose that hooks up from the EGR cooler to the heater core? I've used that hose before, but it's a little too wide.

Josh2002cc

That Uncle
Apr 2, 2007
B87629 is available at Napa with a retail walk in price if $11.49. Thanks for the tip Josh.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Nice find and good tip Josh, it's always good to have smart options to choose from:thumb:

trashygasman

Slowly but Surely
Dec 18, 2008
Washington, OK
Could this also work for deleting the factory fuel filter or is it the wrong size? I can't remember if the heater hose is 5/8" or 1/2" off the top of my head.