switching old 6.2 to duramax (HELP)

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
What do you want to do with this truck once converted. That has a bearing on parts combinations can work best and easiest for you also.

Cya

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
The PPE harness was quoted to me at $1100 back in March if I sent them my harness to mod. I personally took a stock 01 harness and modded it myself for my FRANKENBURBAN project. What tranny do you plan on running? How much do you want to swap over? Lots of questions should be thought about and answered before you begin this project in my opinion. I spent almosy a month researching mine before I actually got serious on it. Also have ALOT of flexibility along the way as no 2 swaps are alike and they all have there own little problems. The only real hurdle I ran into on mine was Iwanted it to be a stand-alone set-up with as little parts swapping as possible, so I only swapped the ECM and TCM over. With an 01 TCM you can get OD lockout, but not tow/haul on a seperate circuit without the BCM. I'm hoping Brayden will get time soon to get me another TCM so I can get this part of the swap straightened out as the only thing I'm missing right now from having a fully functional DURAMAX/ALLISON swap is tow/haul.

d-max joe

Feb 6, 2009
baltimore,md
like you said i wanna put as less as possible but i do want the allison, i will be making it pretty much for just pulling truck, the truck i have now has a 14bolt rear and dana 60 or 70 front cant remember ill need the transfercase also. so i do have som planning to consider and stuff just trying to get an est. price on things. thanks for the help tho.