Question: Suspension lift

speedmetal6.6

Dodge Destroyer
Nov 3, 2008
Gillette,Wyoming
Whats up dieselholics, I'm thinking of raising the D-MAX a little but I cant decide what I want 4" or 6" and what company to go with. Please help me out with some suggestions and info. Thanks:hello:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
RCD or Cognito would be my choice if I was to do it again.
Depending on what you do with your truck will determine how high you want to raise it.

I personally think the 4" is enough, but I like the 6" for what I do with my truck.

Fat_Robi

I may be wrong, but...
Sep 7, 2008
Las Vegas, NV / Provo,UT
The cognito and CST keep the front end narrow which is nice. RCD is a bit wider, and Fabtech is really wide. I have heard good things about the cognito stuff though.

TIM Z

Screwed by 0087s
Jan 17, 2009
Navarre, OH
Dont forget tough country, lots of guys pulling with them and they are holding up great!

I'd love to do a 6'' , they look the best but i think im going the 4'' route. I want a better ride and Better Cv angles!

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
Dont forget tough country, lots of guys pulling with them and they are holding up great!

I'd love to do a 6'' , they look the best but i think im going the 4'' route. I want a better ride and Better Cv angles!

Thats exactly the conflict I have been going through. I love the 6" look but I do not want to sacrifice other things to have it. I am 90% sure I am doing the 4" T.C. it has the full 4" inch drop so the CV's would always be properly aligned, (NO MORE AJUSTING THE TORSIONS UP AND DOWN) That and the price is right for the T.C. Lift. The only thing I do not like about the T.C. lift is you can not use your stock wheels. I usually switch to my stocker's for the strip.

Huntinducks82

Apr 21, 2008
Centerville MD
I went with the four inch tuff country and love it. It rides very well and no more adjusting the torsion bars at the pulls. I would however get the kit to hide the torsion bars if i had to do it over again i think it would look better. JMO.

Buccanoles

Aug 14, 2006
Tallahassee, Florida
I went with the four inch tuff country and love it. It rides very well and no more adjusting the torsion bars at the pulls. I would however get the kit to hide the torsion bars if i had to do it over again i think it would look better. JMO.

I've never seen the option to hide the T-Bars. You have more info on that?

TIM Z

Screwed by 0087s
Jan 17, 2009
Navarre, OH
Thats exactly the conflict I have been going through. I love the 6" look but I do not want to sacrifice other things to have it. I am 90% sure I am doing the 4" T.C. it has the full 4" inch drop so the CV's would always be properly aligned, (NO MORE AJUSTING THE TORSIONS UP AND DOWN) That and the price is right for the T.C. Lift. The only thing I do not like about the T.C. lift is you can not use your stock wheels. I usually switch to my stocker's for the strip.

Yep, a true dilemma ive been fighting for a while. i do belive there are guys running stock wheels withy the TC lift. I know H2's will definitley work as i have seen members run them.

x2 ,I didnt know TC had a "hidden T'Bar kit", I thought it was only Cognito.

TIM Z

Screwed by 0087s
Jan 17, 2009
Navarre, OH
Here is the web site that shows the product. When you put a lift on the T bars will hang down and it dont look the best this product will tuck them up next to the frame so you cant see them. It will be my next abb on.

http://realiftsusp.com/

Thanks, you learn something every day! Anbody know how these hold up? Do they change ride quality? They look great!

I wander if its similar to the way the cognito does it???