Subwoofer help!

disposablehero

used soldier
Mar 29, 2014
No worries dude. Not gonna bother me. I walked a guy through a grid heater delete one priming on Halloween over the phone for a 6.7 Cummins.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
This seems to be taking forever, They just printed out the shipping label for the enclosure today, hopefully it will actually ship soon. I'm like a little kid on Christmas Eve! Everything is installed, all the wiring, and the amp. I've tested one sub just sitting on the floor of my truck to confirm everything was done correctly. I think I'm going to have to keep a screw driver in my truck to keep all the screws tight lol.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
The enclosure finally showed up a few days ago. All I can say is WOW!!! I've never heard a system put together with quality components. I knew Id get some bump but I wasn't prepared for the sound quality. I've heard Honda's ride by with the body panels vibrating and that's not what I wanted. I contribute allot to the way the GM trucks are put together. Nothing vibrates or rattles on my almost 10 year old truck. As far as the Sundown amp and subs goes to recap I installed two 10" subs and a 600 watt amp. I have the subs turned way down and they easily shake my mirrors! My youngest son says his voice sounds like he's talking into a fan when he talks while there bumping lol! A big thanks to disposablehero! With his advise I put a awesome system together without breaking the bank!

Chad W

Apr 20, 2013
Ft worth, TX
If you want subs that sound great with any type of music, the jl audio tw5's can't be beat. I have two 10" under the seat. A little high priced, but nithing comes close. They are basically the same platform as the w7's except you can keep the back seat freed up without having to do a blowthru.

PhilsLB7

Way Better Than Facebook
Jun 29, 2009
Tennessee
TW5's? Don't you mean TW3's? The TW5 only comes in a 13.5". The TW3's come in 10's and 12's. Either way sounds like the thin mount JL subs perform well.

christopherglenn

Aug 26, 2012
I am using a pair of "Kenwood KFCXW-1000F eXcelon 10 inch Shallow Subwoofer"
mounted in a "ASC Chevy Silverado or GMC Sierra 2500 & 3500 HD Crew Cab Truck 2001-2006 Dual 10" Subwoofer Custom Fit Sub Box Speaker Enclosure ", which fits, but not correctly.
Up front I have "Pioneer TS-A1685R Car Speaker - 1 Pair (6 1/2"- 6 3/4") 350w max 4 Way Voies " back doors are "Kenwood KFC-1795PS 6 3/4" Performance Series 3-Way Flush Mount Coaxial Car Speakers" all powered by an "NVX JAD900.5 800W RMS Full Range Class D 5-Channel Car Amplifier".

It is not the loudest thing on the planet, I am more into clean then loud. I can turn the head unit all the way up without any distortion. Setting the inputs on the amp lower will give me more volume, but start clipping at high volume. It is more then loud enough to get a headache after 5-10 min at high volume. I set the crossover in my HU for front and rear HP at 80, sub LP at 70, 24DB. The mirrors shake quite well, I am starting to like "animals"..

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
I have to get my amp adjusted, I need to read up on that. My system sounds great but I know it will be better when adjusted correctly.