stupid quick question

dmaxman06

May 25, 2011
morenci az
the 07 lbz has a glow plug out number 5 i believe and throwing a code now since christmas is comeing up i dont really wanna spend 120 bucks on glow plugs can i just change one and be good or is it a good idea to replace them all at once if that the case i will but just trying to save a little bit of money till christmas thanx for the help guys

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
You can replace them one at a time or do like some others have done and shut off the code.

bonomax

Dec 27, 2011
Hermitage, PA
its fine to just replace one. it wont hurt nothing. then down road replace the rest when you have the money. how many miles are on the truck?

ALLY Fox

Old Man Truck
Dec 14, 2010
Oregon 7S5
Be sure to get your motor good and hot when you pull it and be careful not to twist the top off or you'll wish you'd just let it be bad, they are known for breaking off in the head.....

dmaxman06

May 25, 2011
morenci az
theres only 110 on the truck and its funny all the dmax work i have done on mine and friends i have never messed with the glow plugs them self so that why i was asking to make sure i could do just one

mreeves23

Big Hog Customs, LLC
Sep 15, 2011
Poseyville, IN
Changing one won't hurt anything. I did that on one of lbzs a while back, then w/in 2 months 2 others popped up so I just went ahead and replaced them all. But it will not hurt at all to just change one.

btfarm

you know
Nov 25, 2010
Sandwich, Illinois
Alot of guys just do the whole side while the fender liner is pulled out of the way. Right bank is a piece of cake. Soak 'em for a 1/2 hour or so with PB or similar and change one or all 4. I did some after 175k and 5 salty winters and had no issues getting them out.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I just do one at a time some of them started to burn up 3 years ago. I think I did 4 the first "year", then 2 last year, and none so far this year.