straight axle conversion

BombDocDiesel

Army Bomb Squad
May 20, 2009
Belcamp, MD
I'm not really planning on bombing out my 24-valve. I just want to do a straight axle late model Chevy. I think I'm trying to set a precedent with how many things were never meant to be in my truck. This project also lets me experiement and learn before I try the swap on my DMAX.

2wd_Sled_Puller

Heavy Equiment mechanic
Feb 19, 2008
Florida
It really aint that hard or bad. There is alot of grinding and welding though lol. Ill have to look at a 08 4x4 dmax and see how there center supports are. Hopefully they arnt like mine where. Thats why i had to lift so high

racinmike77

Sep 14, 2008
MD
It really aint that hard or bad. There is alot of grinding and welding though lol. Ill have to look at a 08 4x4 dmax and see how there center supports are. Hopefully they arnt like mine where. Thats why i had to lift so high

I think he was referring to the 2000 in his sig with the cummins;)

chops3131

<---JUST SAY GO
Jun 24, 2008
Nederland Texas (South East Te
No it does not. The tires on the truck in the pic where 35's I am going to be running 44's So overall the circumference ( Sorry for the spelling ) will be 4.5 more inchs taller. So it will be some where around 30.5 inches of lift.

Whichs means

No more mcdonalds drive threw, No more taking my truck to the drivein movie's, No more airport

this is my old truck that i built and it dint have 30"s of lift but i dont know much and it could claer 49s

Why are you using a 44 front that will snap the first time you try to do any thing with 44s and is this the truck that gives u the balls to talk all that s##t about my truck

Attachments

• Camo.jpg
    Camo.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 53
  • camo2.jpg
    camo2.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

z79outlaw

Apr 20, 2007
Salem WI
Joining in to learn. I can't wait to see more pics. I'm planning a D60 on the CHUM. I already have my divorced 205.

I'd forget about the 205 if I were you, it wont hold up behind a diesel. They were plenty tough back in the day and behind a gasser, but its legened precedes its self nowadays. Any of the late model T-cases are a much better option. And will definetely save you headaches down the road.

BTW Kurt where are these pictures? I wonder about your priorites and finances how is it that someone who said the repo man was coming to take his D-max so he had to sell it, afford to dump $4K into anything?

Last edited:

2wd_Sled_Puller

Heavy Equiment mechanic
Feb 19, 2008
Florida
this is my old truck that i built and it dint have 30"s of lift but i dont know much and it could claer 49s

Why are you using a 44 front that will snap the first time you try to do any thing with 44s and is this the truck that gives u the balls to talk all that s##t about my truck

I never did talk crap about your rig. But if i where two no it wouldnt be with this truck. Its with one that aint nothing but a sleeper

2wd_Sled_Puller

Heavy Equiment mechanic
Feb 19, 2008
Florida
pictures Kurt

Pics are coming soon enough. I had to order up some steering arms and a couple other things today. This project that was suppose to be a weekend job turn into taking me 1.5 months so far. Im going to try to be complete with it buy the 10th of july.

And as far as the truck repo It was pauls truck that got repo. I was helping him out with truck payments then we both got laid off. That why we finally said the hell with being non union.

2wd_Sled_Puller

Heavy Equiment mechanic
Feb 19, 2008
Florida
I dont care what u post on my post. This is the internet i cant keep you off my post. Them comments was not made towards your truck. They where mad towards cliffs. truck. Take it how u want it i was trying to help you out. Take it how u wanna take it hoss

chops3131

<---JUST SAY GO
Jun 24, 2008
Nederland Texas (South East Te
I dont care what u post on my post. This is the internet i cant keep you off my post. Them comments was not made towards your truck. They where mad towards cliffs. truck. Take it how u want it i was trying to help you out. Take it how u wanna take it hoss

Its cool the way you worded it didn't seam that way but nice build keep up the good work p.s. you should look in to runnin a dana 60 front because that 44 will not hold up

2wd_Sled_Puller

Heavy Equiment mechanic
Feb 19, 2008
Florida
Its cool the way you worded it didn't seam that way but nice build keep up the good work p.s. you should look in to runnin a dana 60 front because that 44 will not hold up

lol i already thought about that. Sorry for the miss confusing chops. Ill be sure to try to word it better next time