Stolen duramax found

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Just amazing what these idiots do...

After having mine broken into and getting the alarm installed. It was tripped a few times late at night/ early morning. When I say tripped, The shock sensor picked up that someone was messing with it. The alarm chirps a few times and sends an alert to the remote and my phone.

Looking out the closest window, I did catch one individual running away one time. But by the time I got out side I am not sure which way he went or were he was hiding.

In another neighborhood a few blocks away maybe a month later, I was helping a friend load a car onto a trailer around 10PM when a homeless dude walked right passed us and was attempting to burglarize cars down the street. I yelled at him when he tried to break the glass on another car the a friend of mine owned. Then I called the cops. Fortunate for him that I was not Carrying. He had a weapon in his hand when he came back by us. Shortly after that the first officer came around the corner while I was still on the phone with dispatch. I gave him a brief heads up and the dude turned towards the officer with the weapon still in his hand and started coming towards him. Fortunately a second officer arrived just about that time. Long story short He was not obeying there commands. I yelled at him to Obey the officers commands and drop the weapon. That's when he turned around and started walking away. As he did the 2 officers swarmed him and tackled him. Naturally he resisted but they were able to subdue him and get the weapon out of his hands. I believe it was piece of pipe. He was belligerent talking about how he was going to sue everyone. Clearly under the influence of something. After Getting his real name he had a rap sheet a mile long and was currently on probation. After booking him into the car and looking around the scene, they found his bag with tools and drug paraphernalia.

Same friend also had one of his Duramax stolen form the neighborhood in broad day light. Fortunately he was working from home and when he called it in, it wasn't missing long. They got serval hits from traffic cams and license plate readers. The cops actually pulled up on the vehicle while the guy was unloading it. He got the convertor off it but the Sawzall was still in the truck when my buddy got it back. the don't know where the convertor went. He went back to the area where it was recovered and literally across the street they guy had his property with his name on it sitting in plane site. We called the cops out, the guy tried to deny it at first and then said that they guy was unloading stuff from the stolen vehicle and he didn't know what to do with it. So he caught a charge for receiving stolen property.

This wasn't a big issue until Covid. Sadly all the cops can do right now is catch and release.

• Sad
Reactions: darkness

aaro9991

Oct 1, 2019
I was trying to get multiple pics on a post but Tapatalk won’t let me without purchasing premium. But I really appreciate the support guys. The officer was telling me a lot of the same stuff that 1fast brick was. Last year they voted to turn theft in Colorado from a felony to just a misdemeanor. Literally in the following months that has made denver one of the worst places in the NATION for auto thefts. They said I was lucky to even recover it. The exterior is in okay shape but I’m really sweating bullets on what the dealership will find wrong with motor. When I cranked it, it was not a pretty sound at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aaro9991

Oct 1, 2019
Hey guys been a minute since I gave an update…it took dealer 3 weeks to do exterior repairs and recommended to me that with it being an older diesel and the misc. aftermarket parts installed, it would be best if I take it to a diesel shop. They recommended diesel day dreams in Thornton, north of Denver. In order to get a short video, I cranked it over and recorded the sound and I will post it to YouTube and link it here. I am scheduled to get diagnostics from diesel day dreams on the 21st but I want to try to get a leg up before taking it in. For reference, it appears there is a fuel leak on passenger side of block. Without taking apart it looks close to where head meets block. Possible head gasket? Could that sound be a damaged injector or injector miss? When I crank it, it is very hard to see but a very very light puff of smoke appears then goes away right away. Listening to the video on my speaker, I actually think my phone did a good job of picking up what it sounds like.

Lparrill

And here we go again
Jul 30, 2010
Lander, WY
Might be a bent/broken injector hold down. You should be able to see them from the top without pulling too much off. Is it throwing any codes?

Reactions: aaro9991

aaro9991

Oct 1, 2019
No codes but I will look into it! At a minimum it really does sound injector related

aaro9991

Oct 1, 2019

This post seems extremely similar to my issues. How could this happen when it was stolen? I’m assuming just running the living daylights out of my truck could cause this to happen? Or they possibly starting parting it out? When it was recovered they started taking off air intake and miscellaneous parts of the harness off. Fuse box was tampered with too

aaro9991

Oct 1, 2019
I absolutely will; with me going through insurance it’ll be through a shop but I’m pretty sure that’s the issue, a hold down broke or loosened up causing an injector to back itself out enough to leak externally