Still having trouble, need recomendations

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
LLY injectors flow more then LBZ. maybe not enough to make any difference but maybe they do. I would go with the correct injectors. then you know you've ruled out one item. it would suck to replace them with another set of LLYs and still have issues and not know if it was the reason

cjbennett1984

Sep 3, 2021
I have already replaced the injectors with LBZ versions. Stock bosch from LDS. Replaced the engine harness (also from LDS). The ECM was repaired, and I will be installing it in about an hour. The truck ran perfectly for about 20-30 minutes after the Injector replacement, then it would go into limp mode and run very rough and show the p2146 code. This has been a very tedious process that has taken over a month to conclude. Lucky we are working g from home.

cjbennett1984

Sep 3, 2021
Re installed the "rebuilt ecm" absolutely no difference in the truck. Same issues. Runs great for about 15 min then starts running like crap. I will try to verify the wiring between the bail connector and the ecm tomorrow. Nearly at the end of my rope

cjbennett1984

Sep 3, 2021
Previously yes. I backed out the tune to stock after swapping out the injectors. I am wondering if the stock tune could have gotten botched some how. But I doubt it be cause on cold start it runs great. Just after the truck warms up or starts jossleing around it goes bad.

cjbennett1984

Sep 3, 2021
Bad luck, re installed the ecm, truck doing exactly the same. Runs well at idle. Le it idle for about 15 min. Went to close the hood. As soon as the hood latched, the rattle started. I have dumped over 4500 bucks into this problem and it runs no better than it did. This is feeling pretty defeating. I tried to verify the wiring from the bail connector to the ecm this morning but I did not have any luck and ran out of time. I will take another Crack at it as soon as I can

dndj

Boost!
Apr 13, 2019
Oregon
That's a great clue as long as it's repeatable.

Yes. Intermittent electrical issues are hard to pin down sometimes, and the hood closing would seem to indicate a vibration sensitivity. If you haven't already, start the truck cold, and while it's running good, go around and start wiggling and rapping on each connector between the ECM and the injectors. Check everything very carefully.

As 2004LB7 suggested, if you have access to EFILive, log everything while it's running good, then log again when it's running bad, and compare the two, PID by PID to see if you can find something that's different.

cjbennett1984

Sep 3, 2021
Thanks, luckily my brother in law and my closest friend re defines hard headedness and will not give up. I know it takes patience and practicality. Methodic step by step. I appreciate the suggestions.

Justmikedmax

Dec 26, 2016
Clermont FL.
I feel you pain ,same truck same ,symptoms . New bosch cp3 ,new bosch injectors ,engine harness ,truck side harness, ecm ,tcm .. I’m not one for throwing parts at something but I ran diagnostics ,logs ect for 2 months and couldn’t come up with anything DAMN NEAR WHOLE TRUCK IS NEW . But I’ve even went a little further than you . Replaced motor with low mile salvage motor 76k . And no change .. I’m following to see if u ever get to the bottom of it .. I wish u luck as I’m battling same beast .

Attachments

• F13B20FE-8820-4B71-A912-1F871E37A081.jpeg
    F13B20FE-8820-4B71-A912-1F871E37A081.jpeg
    322.8 KB · Views: 21

cjbennett1984

Sep 3, 2021
Holy smokes, I have heard misery loves company tlbut that is just not a good common experience to deal with. I am planning to use some deoxit5 that just came In via Amazon. Then run a continuity check from the plugs at the injector to the connection at the ECM. if that all checks out and I am experiencing g the same issue. I really am not sure what else I will do? We were supposed to pull the camper this weekend coming but I still don't have the truck running. Seems crazy. Been so confident with the repairs we have done only to have our hopes dashed in 15 minutes of run time. Never experienced this much frustration before. I will post the outcomes. Hoping this may lead to easier repairs for folks in the future.

cjbennett1984

Sep 3, 2021
Never mind the green highlighting I snagged these pinout lists from another thread. The excel file I put together to help me verify the injector circuits in the ECM plug. For my next test.
image002.pngScreenshot_20210920-174933_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20210920-175030_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20210920-175008_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20210920-174953_Chrome.jpg

cjbennett1984

Sep 3, 2021
Contacted GOECM about the work they did on my ecm. They asked me to bring it back in so a senior technician can verify the work that was done. I asked if the ecm would have a problem operating LLY injector instead of LBZ injectors. They said the LLY injector take more voltage. And asked if the FICM had been looked at? I told them the LBZ was the first year they did away with the FICM and incorporated those functions in the ECM. They agreed but not until they had to do some research. So I will get it back out of the truck and do this effort again. I hope they find that to be the problem. Running out of issues to chase.

Reactions: Justmikedmax

cjbennett1984

Sep 3, 2021
After a week and a half GoECM claims they are still having problems with two cylinders. If that is true maybe we have finally found the issue and hopefully they can fix it. But seems like they have been "swapping out parts" for a week now and they are not sure when they will get it done. I have already paid them when I picked it up last time. I don't know if they are expecting to charge me again, or just trying to make it right. I am reasonable but not willing to be taken advantage of!

cjbennett1984

Sep 3, 2021
Not sure, I have had so many issues with different parts not fitting properly. Not sure what a used ecm out of a junk yard would cost or what would be involved. But it might be something I a about to experience

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
It wasn't clear to me, but when you said 'LLY Injectors', were they from a 2004-2005 LLY or a 2006 LLY?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

cjbennett1984

Sep 3, 2021
My truck I a 2006 lbz. But the injectors I pulled out of it (first time) were returned to LDS and they called to tell me they were LLY Injectors. I didn't realize because the oem plugs fit the new LBZ injectors perfectly. Not sure what is real anymore