Speed sensor issue?

Nov 27, 2022
So I have what I thought was a speed sensor issue a while back because my Speedo was incorrect causing the truck to shift weird. I replaced that sensor and it seemed to fix the issue until I drove 4 hours of highway driving today. All was well until the Speedo jumped a little once and became 10mph off afterwords, so I pulled over to check everything out. The t case was very warm but everything seemed fine, full on fluid. Then I went to leave the parking lot and it won’t shift out of 1st gear now. I pulled over again, went to drive again and now I have “range shift inhibited” on my dash in drive and reverse after I move a few feet. Any ideas?

Nov 27, 2022
We need codes
I ended up finding a p0700 code which I read is an issue with the tcm. I did try and unplug it and plug it back in yesterday when the truck was acting up so I’m not sure if that would cause the code or not. Also now the Speedo reads 0 when it gets stuck in gear but reads normal speed when it wants to shift fine.

Nov 27, 2022
You need a code reader that reads TCM codes.
Okay, I don’t have one right now but when this happened a month ago or so, (very similar symptoms and same p0700 code) I used a tcm reader and got a “U1000 class 2 data link malfunction” code if that helps at all

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
P0700 is just a "TCM" requested the CEL to be turned on. Additional codes as to why will be in the TCM.

Ron Nielson

Oct 11, 2009
Berryton, KS
Wyatt - When the transmission module (TCM) has a problem, it sends a message to the ECM to post a P0700 DTC code, because all code readers read engine codes. But there is another different code stored in the TCM itself and not all readers will read TCM codes. That's what you need to find out. THE TCM code. We can't guess.

I have attached some information on your U1000 - probably not your TCM problem

Attachments

• U1000.pdf
    186 KB · Views: 5
Nov 27, 2022
Wyatt - When the transmission module (TCM) has a problem, it sends a message to the ECM to post a P0700 DTC code, because all code readers read engine codes. But there is another different code stored in the TCM itself and not all readers will read TCM codes. That's what you need to find out. THE TCM code. We can't guess.

I have attached some information on your U1000 - probably not your TCM problem
Thank you for that info, i just bought a $350 code reader an hour or so ago that reads every module through out the truck and the tcm has no stored codes. The tccm (transfer case control module) is the spot where that U1000 code is stored. I’ll attach a picture of the code

Attachments

• IMG_0574.jpeg
    IMG_0574.jpeg
    281.1 KB · Views: 16

Jmickel

Jul 17, 2023
Laplace, LA
Thank you for that info, i just bought a $350 code reader an hour or so ago that reads every module through out the truck and the tcm has no stored codes. The tccm (transfer case control module) is the spot where that U1000 code is stored. I’ll attach a picture of the code
Any luck? I'm having similar issues and can't figure it out.