LMM: Socal Water pump Bypass

CRAWLEN

Sep 29, 2017
Well not sure how many guys have seen this already, but it seems interesting.

http://shop.socaldiesel.com/duramax-01-04-lb7/water-pump-bypass/water-pump-bypass/

just had it pop up in my emails being a new product from Socal.

Contemplating buying one so i don't have any issues with the water pump. being in Australia its not easy to go get a water pump if i ruin one on my new motor, its a fair few day wait from the states, especially out in the bush also.

Whats everyone else's thoughts on this item, be ok for daily driving ? looks like the pressure can be adjusted also.

sorry if this isn't in the right section guys, feel free to move it.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I think Richard Coker is running one on his regular cab that he won DPC with.
He is. His original water pump lasted somewhere around 6-8 months, and then he smoked I think 3 in about 3 months time. He has gone about 2 months without a failure since installing the bypass.

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
Dude that’s brilliant
I’ve often wondered about something like this but I’m not in that rpm range to cause cavitation:thumb:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
It's more of a problem with head pressure than cavitation.

CRAWLEN

Sep 29, 2017
considering the cost, i recon im going to get get it im not in the super high rev range like pulling, but i will be up high for sure especially in the way that causes pump failures with the sudden changes.
it will be paird with a Danville pump to suit lmm also so should be able to prevent any failure.

hopefully socal does a video on it, or someone does im keen to know more about it

CRAWLEN

Sep 29, 2017
So it arrived today, think I might be the first guy in Australia to own one and run it.
Now I just need to get the engine together and in to the car then get to start trailing it. And pressures. Will be putting in a pressure gauge to monitor pressure so I can adjust when it releases

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190712-183138_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190712-183138_Gallery.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 90