SoCal Diesel Billet Valve Covers

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
Maybe these aren't stainless. There wasn't a stainless on enlisted on there site I'll call Monday and see what I ordered. The normal price was 156$

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
Yeah damn they are stainless, can't find any stainless ones do you have a part number for the stainless ones?

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
Thanks!! there went another 110$ lmao

OMG I am just going back to work after a lay off and these covers come out. It will take a month or two to recover from the income loss and I am still looking into what it would cost to have all my turbo piping anodized to match a set of these covers.
There is something seriously wrong with me.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
OMG I am just going back to work after a lay off and these covers come out. It will take a month or two to recover from the income loss and I am still looking into what it would cost to have all my turbo piping anodized to match a set of these covers.
There is something seriously wrong with me.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

We're all here cause we're not all there......know what I'm sayin!!:roflmao:

Last edited:

jliddle

Jun 30, 2012
NC
Bought a set of raw ones recently. Couple questions...

Gonna do stainless hardware, did you guys keep the factory brass/rubber sleeve type washers on the covers? Any more aesthetic options out there? Just curious if it actually needs the "sleeve"portion of the washer to keep the covers centered.

Also what are you guys doing for PCV? Mine have a hole dead center on covers? -12 45 degree elbow to a braided or rubber hose then straight to the ground?

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
Bought a set of raw ones recently. Couple questions...

Gonna do stainless hardware, did you guys keep the factory brass/rubber sleeve type washers on the covers? Any more aesthetic options out there? Just curious if it actually needs the "sleeve"portion of the washer to keep the covers centered.

Also what are you guys doing for PCV? Mine have a hole dead center on covers? -12 45 degree elbow to a braided or rubber hose then straight to the ground?

I used new rubber grommet pieces. (they don't look bad)

I tried the approach of JIC 90's to some hoses down the side. and have since found out due to there not being any type of baffles in these valve covers and some blowby (maybe excessive on a new motor maybe not) and the closeness tot he rockers I actually notice quite a bit of oil coming out of my hoses. I'm not sure what to do about this. I thought a bout a catch can but I think the amount that is being force out would fill a catch can in a short amount of time. if I drive 15-20 mile sand romp on it hard a few times I come back to a coated torsion bar and two good puddles on the ground as big as my hand I thought about capping them off and running a line down out the oil fill spout or something. Not real sure what to do there but its sure looks bad when I park and come out of a store and have oil dripping out.

Trippin

SoCal Diesel
Aug 10, 2006
We designed the valve covers to use the factory grommets. The grommets set the proper pre-load for the valve cover gasket.

A catch can with a breather on it is the best option for oil vapor right now. I haven't seen any baffled breathers that are aesthetically pleasing. Has anybody else?