So while looking for another truck, I came across this ome. Looks like a scam

Chevmeister

Big Dooley
Dec 3, 2010
Garnet Valley, Pa
I got an email back. The way it's worded sounds like a scanner. I'm willing to bet the next email I get is he's selling it so cheap because he shipped it to his summer house in Uganda. Anyone else get a reply? He was listed as az and Texas and asked where I was to arrange a test drive or shipping. I asked where the truck is to see it so let's see where it goes.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I got a reply. He asked for my zip code to arrange a test drive and shipping.

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
I got a reply. He asked for my zip code to arrange a test drive and shipping.

I got the same reply.

Hello there,
I appreciate your interest for my 2006 GMC Sierra C/K2500. First of all I want to assure that there's nothing wrong with it, and that is exactly as you see it in the pictures.The vehicle is registered on my name and the title is clear (no lien). It is in great condition, no dents or scratches. It was always garaged and the regular maintenance was done on time . It wasn't involved in any accident and has never suffered any kind of damage
My asking price is $10,000 . I want to sell it because I desperately need cash. I have some personal problems witch i really need to solve asap. I am very sad to let this car go, but I have no other option at the moment. Since I only have one, first come, first served.
Please let me know your zip code so we can arrange a test-drive or to calculate the shipping.
I attach some pics.If you have any question feel free to ask.
William Miller.

Chevmeister

Big Dooley
Dec 3, 2010
Garnet Valley, Pa
Yep, exactly the same email. Guess I should mail him a check??? Or do I leave a bag of $100s by the phone booth on main st? We need to start a map with this guys location.

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Here's the scam, I sent him a zip code from a neighboring town and this is his response. It's in a sealed container now.:D I'm going to write him back and tell him I'm close to Seattle and will be there this weekend with cash and want to see the truck.

Hi,
I am located in Seattle,Washington and i would like to know from the beginning if you are really interested in purchase, so i can stop negotiating with potential buyers.
I had two guys promise me to buy it: one didn't show up and the other called saying he lost the money, so I can't afford to take more days off my work for that, that is why I gave to a shipping company that will ship it to the next owner, it is sealed in container, so i'm trying to sell it on-line, if i don't get lucky in about a week you can come pick it up.
The transaction will be processed through Google Checkout as I paid them the fees and they provide the most reliable and secure services in which concerns the online sales.
You will pay Google Checkout the required amount, and they will secure it until you get the vehicle. You will be given a 7 days inspection period during which you can decide whether you keep it or not. If you are satisfied with it , you will confirm that to Google Checkout so that they can unblock the funds and send it to me.
Otherwise the transaction is cancelled, you get the refund and I ship the vehicle back.
Here is the four step procedure that we have to follow:
1. You must send me your info: name,address,phone so we can get in touch.
2. You will get an invoice from Google Checkout and there you will be further instructed.
3. You pay Google Checkout the amount, and I contact the shipping company regarding the delivery arrangements so you get the vehicle in maximum 3-4 days.
4. You decide whether you keep the vehicle or not( hopefully you will be positive as you will love it) , if not you will receive a full refund from Google Checkout.
Therefore, if you are determined in buying the vehicle, please send me an email with your name, shipping address and phone number so I can register the transaction with Google Checkout.
Look forward to hearing from you soon.If you agree my terms of sale i will call you for more details.
William Miller

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
This is the email I just sent to, "Bill"

Hi Bill say I'm will be close to Seattle this weekend and would love to see the truck. I'll have the cash in hand and will buy it on the spot if I like it and and I'm sure I will, please give me an address and your phone # so we can meet up. Really looking forward to seeing and I'm sure buying that great truck.

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Old Bill just wrote me back.

I said i want to sell it online..
If you have the money ready i will ask google to send you the forms of the payment.
I don't see a problem to finish a deal fast and secure using the biggest company in the world.
Also you have to know the reason that i chose this option.
1. because of my job i'm not in WA now (i'm in another state with some business)
2. i left the car at the shipping company so they can take care of everything
3. is a shipping company not a dealer so everybody can go and inspect the car,So THE VIEW OPTION IS UNAVAILABLE.

I need to know your decision if you agree my terms because i have a lot of buyers who ask,

Thank you