Slow Duramax 1, ricer 0

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
So sheep can get over...:D

Negative. The reason is so you can merge with the flow of traffic and not cause a traffic jam. Traffic would flow a lot better if people would just merge earlier rather than trying to jump ahead a few cars because they think they're more important than everyone else on the road. I'm not sure why you think it's funny. I can't stand it when people do that. I'm with LWATSON, I will not let someone over who waits until the last minute to merge.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Negative. The reason is so you can merge with the flow of traffic and not cause a traffic jam. Traffic would flow a lot better if people would just merge earlier rather than trying to jump ahead a few cars because they think they're more important than everyone else on the road. I'm not sure why you think it's funny. I can't stand it when people do that. I'm with LWATSON, I will not let someone over who waits until the last minute to merge.

The world needs more sheep than herders... Otherwise we would be in real trouble.... Have fun bickering with each other about who's the bigger ass hole and can piss the most people off while commuting to and from work. Personally I'm on the road just to get from point a to point b as fast and as safely as possible. You on the other hand obviously have to feel powerful by controlling others actions. As I said in my first post, people like yourself are exactly why I tune my Riggs...

Get over and conform damm you!!! Lol...

Last edited:

LbzDMax07

Dec 16, 2013
PA
The world needs more sheep than herders... Otherwise we would be in real trouble.... Have fun bickering with each other about who's the bigger ass hole and can piss the most people off while commuting to and from work. Personally I'm on the road just to get from point a to point b as fast and as safely as possible. You on the other hand obviously have to feel powerful by controlling others actions. As I said in my first post, people like yourself are exactly why I tune my Riggs...

You made zero sense in your post, by reading your post it seems as though you tuned your truck so YOU can try to control others actions. So next time somebody tries to pass you floor it, they have nowhere to go BAM car accident.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!

Whatever you say, dude.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
Its so simple, sometimes if you slow down you get there faster. Its hard to wrap your mind around until you've been there so many times. I love to go fast, but on the strip. I do play on the street from time to time but its always mutual. In traffic I will always submit to anyone that acts dangerous. It takes a strong will to watch fools fly by and keep your pace. I will slam the door on you, meaning close the distance between me and the vehicle in front so you have to return to the back. But I do nothing to endanger my fellow motorist.

RedHotGMC

stock
Jan 16, 2012
Northern Utah

If only the rest of the world had that logic, speeding in the lane that ends to get ahead of others shows you have no road courtesy for other drivers.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
They take so long to merge because they are brain dead idiots and it never occoured to them they they had to merge until they ran out of road.

matt78

Finally boosted launches
Sep 10, 2012
texas
I drive a company van to and from home every day. I average 2-300 miles a day in the dfw area. We have unit numbers and phone numbers on our vans so we are targets for the assholes that merge at the last minute, etc. I have actually been in traffic and had someone called in on me,dispatch called me and I got there vehicle info and looked right at them, fyi you have to leave all your personal info if you call in on one of our trucks. And my boss knows most of it is some ***** who wants to live in there own little movie in their own little world. Well back to the dick in a traffic jam one car behind me one lane over,funny how I opened my door,got out , since we were all parked on the tollway and asked wtf there problem was. Yeah,dumb move on my part but if people started getting there ass beat for being the dicks they are maybe it would slow down a bit. I see this crap every day, nobody gives a dam about anyone but themselves, its more than a highway problem it's a society problem. Fwiw,I do carry a gun,but I would rather not ever,ever go there over road dicks, a throwdown works for me.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
They take so long to merge because they are brain dead idiots and it never occoured to them they they had to merge until they ran out of road.

I guess all you guys stop 100yards from every stop sign as well. Bc your an idiot if you don't see it coming right. Your just being proactive right? God, the progressive liberals on here make me sick...

When the dot decides to start dropping it to one lane immediately instead of slowly then I will agree with you, but COMMON sense will prevail untill then fellas. And who ever said I go flying up to the front? I just maintain speed untill the situation dictates differently. It's ass holes that think thy are so important that they can't let anyone by that pisses me off. Your not traffic offericers once again and your actually putting yourself up for liability claims just bc you want to be an ass, yea that makes so much sense...:rolleyes:

Let's cause an accident bc someone might get 2 cars ahead of me. That's real adult behavior right there...

And to the guy who got out of his truck... I would have shot your dumb ass dead if you did that to me, that was stupid. You should have been shit canned by your boss...

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
So you tell people they're idiots because they "try to cause an accident" and then immediately after threaten to shoot someone. F**kin moron.

Ummm. He said he got out of his vehicle in traffic to confront someone who called in a compliant. That's called road rage and you have a right to defend yourself, if someone feels as tough they are angry enough to get out of there vehicle on an active highway obviously they are not thinking clearly, what else could they be capable of and he said he carries a gun. Why would he say that if he didn't think about using it? I will always be prepared to defend myself from crazy people...

Now who's the ****ing moron...:thumb:

Y'all just keep up the who's the bigger ass hole thread, I'm out...:D

d.s.wendt

Nov 27, 2013
www.facebook.com
Ummm. He said he got out of his vehicle in traffic to confront someone who called in a compliant. That's called road rage and you have a right to defend yourself, if someone feels as tough they are angry enough to get out of there vehicle on an active highway obviously they are not thinking clearly, what else could they be capable of and he said he carries a gun. Why would he say that if he didn't think about using it? I will always be prepared to defend myself from crazy people...

Now who's the ****ing moron...:thumb:

Y'all just keep up the who's the bigger ass hole thread, I'm out...:D

So if someone confronts you about anything at all ever you just shoot them? Makes perfect sense. I will also always be prepared to defend myself, I've had a lady so pissed at me that she got out of her car at a red light and came up to my window when I had a car, I never rolled my window down I just stared at her and smiled, if I ever thought I was in danger I would have taken action but I would have by no means shot her.

Think with your head, if you shoot someone for getting out of their vehicle on the highway and coming up to your vehicle you're the one going to jail 9/10. What if the nice guy was trying to let you know you had a headlight out.

matt78

Finally boosted launches
Sep 10, 2012
texas
I guess all you guys stop 100yards from every stop sign as well. Bc your an idiot if you don't see it coming right. Your just being proactive right? God, the progressive liberals on here make me sick...

When the dot decides to start dropping it to one lane immediately instead of slowly then I will agree with you, but COMMON sense will prevail untill then fellas. And who ever said I go flying up to the front? I just maintain speed untill the situation dictates differently. It's ass holes that think thy are so important that they can't let anyone by that pisses me off. Your not traffic offericers once again and your actually putting yourself up for liability claims just bc you want to be an ass, yea that makes so much sense...:rolleyes:

Let's cause an accident bc someone might get 2 cars ahead of me. That's real adult behavior right there...

And to the guy who got out of his truck... I would have shot your dumb ass dead if you did that to me, that was stupid. You should have been shit canned by your boss...

You sound like a ***** that starts shit and then pulls a gun. I will be at the world finals oct 3rd , stop by and say high.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Although I don't agree with much in here I will say this. If someone has a road altercation with me and then decides to get out of there vehicle and confront me I will always draw my weapon, its common sense safety... People with road rage problems do stupid shit.

I had a guy do this exact thing to me and when he came to my window to **** with me he was staring down the barrel of my gun... I simply said walk away and that was the end of it.

I just don't see the point in being such a huge dick that you would purposely block someone out of merging... just because they are an ass doesn't mean you should be too.

matt78

Finally boosted launches
Sep 10, 2012
texas
First off I got out and threw my hands up about 20 feet away,also the guy that merged pulled out of the lane, drove all the way down to the fire truck blocking a wreck, and starts honking his horn at all of us and flipping people off. I was already half way past the fire truck. So if im a dick for that so be it. And if you got the balls to start acting like an idiot, flipping people off and driving crazy thats normal? Anyways I guess people are the way they are, shoot me dead 20 foot away.:thumb:

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
On the subject of a lane closure

If everyone would begin merging when they see signs well before the cones bring the lane over traffic would flow soooooo much smoother. It has nothing to do with "conforming" or looking like a rebel badass and running to the front of the line and cutting in. It's pure common sense. If you merge early with the flow of traffic, it's going to keep flowing. If you wait to the end of the lane and come to a stop or near a stop, the lane you are merging into has to slow way down or stop as well or you can't get over without getting hit. Simple as that.

So be a man, get over and keep rolling. :thumb:

dman777

Apr 11, 2012
When I was driving the durahome back from mustang island I had some dick pull out right in front of me while im doing 60,then he pulled over on the shoulder, his window was down so when I passed him I floored it, the exhaust scared him because it was pointed at him. So he starts flipping me off like slowing from 60 to 30 is normal if someone just pulls right on out. And then headed up 35 from austin to waco is full of idiots. I would hate to be in a ricer getting plowed by the durahomes bumper.
I know what you mean. I drive between temple and waco almost every day. Sometimes, just to save my sanity I just take 317. Knock on wood I have never been in a wreck but multiple close calls. The worst time was when a guy tried to run me off the road while attempting to pass me on the shoulder. My dad was behind me in his Dmax and witnessed the whole thing. Bad idea on that guys part. Let's just say I had to call my dad and calm him down a bit and I'm pretty sure that guy crapped his pants a little.