Shop name ideas

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I'm getting ready to start a shop with a friend, and we're still undecided on what we're going to call it. We are going to work on diesels, but that isn't all we're going to do. Because of that, I don't want it to be too diesel specific. The only thing we're certain on is we want it to be "something" Garage. Throw out any ideas you have.

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
Its hard to come up with a name you like. took me several months before I chose and its not my favorite but it works.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
The Diesel garage,The Diesel Stop,Twisted Wrench,2 Guys and a lift,J@? Performance,Black Smoke garage:D,Always in garage,Tech Garage,No limits Garage,Fuel and Air garage,D max garage,High tech garage,Elite Garage,Neighbors garage,.......Im still thinking :D

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
Josh,
You seem like you guys will be pretty sharp on Diagnostics, but that work doesn't pay the best usually. What type of work/customer are you looking to bring in?
"Not just Diesels" garage?
That kinda says hey we do allot of diesel work but we will take on anything.
My first shop was about a tenth of a mile from a civil war battlefield, so I went off of that with Confederate.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Josh,
You seem like you guys will be pretty sharp on Diagnostics, but that work doesn't pay the best usually. What type of work/customer are you looking to bring in?
"Not just Diesels" garage?
That kinda says hey we do allot of diesel work but we will take on anything.
My first shop was about a tenth of a mile from a civil war battlefield, so I went off of that with Confederate.
Anything and everything at first. Once business picks up, we will try to get it going in a more specific direction. I know where I'd like it to be, but it'll be a few years down the road before it gets there I'm sure.

minisub

6-5/6-6;Whatever It Takes
Sep 11, 2006
Cleveland, OH
The best name is going to one that you two come up with.

Here's a strategy. Get two pads of post it notes in different colors. Go to the bar with your partner. Have a beer or two and then each take a pad. Have a 20 minute/one beer "competition" writing one name on one note page. The guy with fewer ideas picks up the tab.

Take the notes back home and the next day stick them on the wall, grouping by similarity and hash through them. You will find it....

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Yall going to be hiring :D
Not anytime soon. We'll be lucky to be able pay our own wages! :roflmao:

The best name is going to one that you two come up with.

Here's a strategy. Get two pads of post it notes in different colors. Go to the bar with your partner. Have a beer or two and then each take a pad. Have a 20 minute/one beer "competition" writing one name on one note page. The guy with fewer ideas picks up the tab.

Take the notes back home and the next day stick them on the wall, grouping by similarity and hash through them. You will find it....
We already have a couple of good ideas, but I figure it's always good to have more options.