Shes running :)

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
well 2 leaks later (tstat oring and my egr delete hose) she looks to be dry!

everybody knock on wood!!

getting that fuel regulator dialed in too and she feels strong! ;)

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
update: everytime i fix one coolant leak another one shows its ugly face.... realllllllllyy getting burned out. last try tomorrow then she is getting parked for a while i think.. just can't take much more of all the little shit that has been going on with this swap..

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
buttoned up and ready to go for a nice long drive wish me luck everybody. i have 2 gals of dex just so it won't leak and i bottled it up for nothing ;)

(its amazing how a good nights sleep can clear your head and show you that it ain't that bad and its just a piece of metal)

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
when do you get back on that local free dyno???

has a bad set of rollers :( (tractor trailer dyno has two sets for a twin screw tractor) gotta see if the other set can still be used. maybe sometime soon if they can. otherwise i have a couple other places in mind.

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
machine shop time takes the longest i have about a 60-70 hours between strip/assembly and swap out

before all that i found a spare motor and accumulated the parts i wanted in the build.

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
i did not tack the gear i did not want to take a chance on cooking the seal because i have dropped the cooling system just one too many times already. dexcool is really goddam expensive to watch miss the bucket :(

update: dry as a bone finally :) think i have a very small boost leak can only hear it over the exhaust when i manually downshift and coast to a stop. slight whine. and lost a couple lbs of boost. so its either that or my better flowing de-egr gooped heads lol

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
update: found a pinch in the 1/8 boost sender hose that caused a pin hole. no other boost leaks in the system that i have found yet. still have a slight whine when decelerating...

could the use of atf in the powersteering pump cause this? i used atf instead of powersteering fluid due to what i had laying around in the shop...

could a new waterpump be making this whine? just want to make sure i do not have a problem lol

next thing is to try and isolate accessories. almost sounds like my old twin turbo setup winding down as i coast to a stop? no excessive play in the turbo either....

any thoughts?

delong_1

<< my work
Dec 5, 2008
Arvada, CO
if its the water pump you should be able to barely hear it at idle and clearly at about 1100rpm.

I doubt that atf in the powersteering would cause problems, i know of quite a few people that have run it in a pinch.