several codes. wiring issue???

Philv

Jan 30, 2018
Surprise, AZ
so my brother has an 06 lly, basically lbz. 2 weeks ago he installed a power steering cooler and hot pipe. the next day he got a p0698, p0106, p2563, p0700, u0100, and p003A. so far we have tried switching ECM's and same thing. then we tore apart the ECM connectors and cleaned them, runs better and the p2563 code hasn't came back. I've also tried cleaning the 2 big connectors on valve cover still with no luck. on my scan tool the codes will say passed/failed most of the time. every so often with messing with everything i can get them to pass then can clear them. friday had the codes cleared, ran the truck for a while and did like 15 start ups and drove it around the block without codes, then yesterday he got not even half a mile from the house and all codes came back and back to limp mode. we've also check for ref V at map and sometimes it 2.2-3V then go back to it 5 min later and 5V. I'm at a loss here guys, what should I look at next??? he's bout ready to trade it off cause of this.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Have you checked the large bale connectors on the top driver side of the engine? They can cause some weird stuff if some of the pins are not making good contact

Philv

Jan 30, 2018
Surprise, AZ
yes i have, cleaned and inspected. i just tested for ref V at map. was getting 3.2-4.7V fluctuating, so I unplugged the turbo vane sensor and ref V for map went straight to 5V and held. I then reversed the test on the vane sensor side and still had 5V steady. could a vane sensor be bad even though the vanes aren't stuck? also could a vane sensor cause the p0698 and u0100 codes?