Set shocks at?

May 21, 2008
Stephenville Tx
Ok I got Rancho 9000's, I see on them they go from 3 to 9 on adjustment 9 being the stiffest right? I am 2wd, would'nt you want them set 3 in front and 9 in back for good transfer? Springs are clamped,2in drop shackle and will be on M&H's.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Ok I got Rancho 9000's, I see on them they go from 3 to 9 on adjustment 9 being the stiffest right? I am 2wd, would'nt you want them set 3 in front and 9 in back for good transfer? Springs are clamped,2in drop shackle and will be on M&H's.

definatly as you stated very loose on the front for weight transfer and tight on the rear ... how tight you will have to play with it but i would start maxxed out .

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
Im running them at 9 all around:D

But I like the front set higher than the back because in my mind that would cause the back to squat more and that seems like it would give better traction with more weight towards the rear. But I may be wrong

May 21, 2008
Stephenville Tx
definatly as you stated very loose on the front for weight transfer and tight on the rear ... how tight you will have to play with it but i would start maxxed out .

What I thought, hopefully with this setup I will be 1.??? 60ft. last time on street tires and not adjusting the shocks got me a best of 2.2. Thanks Trent

May 21, 2008
Stephenville Tx
Im running them at 9 all around:D

But I like the front set higher than the back because in my mind that would cause the back to squat more and that seems like it would give better traction with more weight towards the rear. But I may be wrong

You want the front to lift and let the back bite. This is for drag racing not daily driving.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
What I thought, hopefully with this setup I will be 1.??? 60ft. last time on street tires and not adjusting the shocks got me a best of 2.2. Thanks Trent

i just got my slicks as well , i am going to try running 2wd one day and see what it might do , dont for a minute expect it to be faster but it would be interesting . are you dropping your t-bars ? i would think the further the front end can travel upward the more weight would be transfered :confused: just a thought might not be worth your breath .

May 21, 2008
Stephenville Tx
i just got my slicks as well , i am going to try running 2wd one day and see what it might do , dont for a minute expect it to be faster but it would be interesting . are you dropping your t-bars ? i would think the further the front end can travel upward the more weight would be transfered :confused: just a thought might not be worth your breath .

I thought about droping them but idk how much it will help a 2wd? I deff dont think it would hurt any.Might be worth a shot.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Ya I see what you mean. Your way would defintely work better but I hear most guys run them at 9 all the way around

4WD yep thats the ticket

I thought about droping them but idk how much it will help a 2wd? I deff dont think it would hurt any.Might be worth a shot.

in theroy if the shock is loose enough on the loosest setting then increasing upward travel on the front end should gain more momentum / energy over 6-8 " upward travel than 3-4 " would , but we all know theroy means squat sometimes .

Last edited:
May 21, 2008
Stephenville Tx
4WD yep thats the ticket

in theroy if the shock is loose enough on the loosest setting then increasing upward travel on the front end should gain more momentum / energy over 6-8 " upward travel than 3-4 " would but we all no theroy means squat sometimes .

Ya I will have all night to play around with it.I will see what works for my truck. If I can get the truck to raise and transfer and let the back spin about a revolution then get with the program, I should be on my way to a decent 60ft.:cool2: