SERVICE AIR BAG message won't turn off

doug9940

Ca LLY
Dec 6, 2009
Corona, Ca.
The DIC shows "SERVICE AIR BAG" message. Also has a red warning light on, little red light that looks like a steering wheel with a deployed air bag. I just bought and replaced the impact sensor with a new Doorman sensor (part # 590-204) thinking that would solve the problem. Nothing changed, still have the warning light and the message. Truck is same as my signature. Anyone have any other ideas?

DefiantArms

Limp Mode Cowboy
Jan 28, 2016
St. Augustine, FL
Mines been on for a little over two years just haven't messed with it. I was going to replace the sensor Bc that seems to be the common fix. Good luck wish I could help more. -John

doug9940

Ca LLY
Dec 6, 2009
Corona, Ca.
Mines been on for a little over two years just haven't messed with it. I was going to replace the sensor Bc that seems to be the common fix. Good luck wish I could help more. -John

Thanks John. I can tell you that replacing the sensor was a piece of cake. Hardest part was disconnecting both batteries. Whole job only took maybe 15-20 minutes. Just wish that was the solution.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Be prepared to replace the airbag module too. The impact was recorded and the airbag was deployed. This event will eather need to be cleared (some internet searchs will turn up a few places that will do it) or the module will need to be replaced. I dont recall if the vin needs to be programmed into the new module.

doug9940

Ca LLY
Dec 6, 2009
Corona, Ca.
Be prepared to replace the airbag module too. The impact was recorded and the airbag was deployed. This event will eather need to be cleared (some internet searchs will turn up a few places that will do it) or the module will need to be replaced. I dont recall if the vin needs to be programmed into the new module.

No impact ever occurred. Truck has never been in an accident.

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
Run by the dealer. Be stubborn and say you don't want any diagnostics, just the air bag code pulled. The few dealers I've been to (and worked at) would do that just to make a customer happy. A code number will help us out greatly. Can be an inflator module, driver or passenger, connector problems, or wiring problems.

Molly

i can't seem to find
Feb 7, 2014
DE
Mine has been turning on when it's below 70* or if the truck sat all night for 2 years lol. I just hit the enter button on the steering wheel. Been trying to make my self stop by the dealership and get a code though.

Sent from your girls iPhone.