Scar 17 (Scar Heavy)

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Anybody on here running this gun? Really thinking about picking one up. I really like the idea of a battle rifle in a .308 that can pull sub moa, depending on the shooters skill... Haven't found a bad review yet. Only down side seems to be the price.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
They're certainly not cheap. And they feel nice too. Didn't get to shoot it and can't own it because im in a communist state. Otherwise I would. Or a remmy acr

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
They're certainly not cheap. And they feel nice too. Didn't get to shoot it and can't own it because im in a communist state. Otherwise I would. Or a remmy acr

I haven't gone looking for one to shoulder up yet... Im a little worried I would just throw the cash down and walk out with it:D

I have a 16 and I love it.

Corey
How many rounds have you run through it? Can you give me pros and cons?

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
I haven't gone looking for one to shoulder up yet... Im a little worried I would just throw the cash down and walk out with it:D

How many rounds have you run through it? Can you give me pros and cons?

Good cause that's is exactly what happened to me when I bought mine. Probably 500, mainly cause I work too much. I don't have an AR to compare it to. It's just like an AR though in modifying/upgrading (grips, extended rails, shorter/longer barrels, etc.

Ease of maintenance is amazing.
Ergonomics, charging handle can be moved from side to side.
Top pic rail is a single piece.
Soft shooting, accurate, light.

For the 17, finding mags could be a problem. (Not sure what the availability of FN mags
Replacement lowers are made to allow use of more common/readily available SR-25 Pmags.

FN forums has tons of additional info if you have time/want to read for a while

Corey

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
Would love to have one. I think it was the germans overseas that had them at the range. Never fored it myself but held and shouldered them, i will say these were heavier than an m4 but the balance was very good, but it had alot of gear hanging on the rails. I like the folding stocks with storage they had also, i know if the shit hit the fan i want the badest round out there.

Me being a poor guy im gonna 300 black out ar i think

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Good cause that's is exactly what happened to me when I bought mine. Probably 500, mainly cause I work too much. I don't have an AR to compare it to. It's just like an AR though in modifying/upgrading (grips, extended rails, shorter/longer barrels, etc.

Ease of maintenance is amazing.
Ergonomics, charging handle can be moved from side to side.
Top pic rail is a single piece.
Soft shooting, accurate, light.

For the 17, finding mags could be a problem. (Not sure what the availability of FN mags
Replacement lowers are made to allow use of more common/readily available SR-25 Pmags.

FN forums has tons of additional info if you have time/want to read for a while

Corey
Thanks Corey. I will have to spend some time over there reading *Sigh* another damn forum:D
Would love to have one. I think it was the germans overseas that had them at the range. Never fored it myself but held and shouldered them, i will say these were heavier than an m4 but the balance was very good, but it had alot of gear hanging on the rails. I like the folding stocks with storage they had also, i know if the shit hit the fan i want the badest round out there.

Me being a poor guy im gonna 300 black out ar i think

That is my main reason behind the rifle is the cartridge... Hard to beat .308 when the chips are down:thumb: Also it looks cool as Fawk and recoils like a .223

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
Welcome man, I'll help as much as I can but those guys know lots more than I do about these weapon systems. Yeah, tell me about it.

Corey

BLACKMAX1

WAY2EVL
Jul 10, 2013
VA beach
I haven't shot one myself but they seem to be great guns. I have a 300blk and love that rifle a lot. Ohio Ordnance Works have built a modern day BAR and it is absolutely BADASS! The price is intimidating but for some reason I have to own it. http://www.ohioordnanceworks.com/hcar Theres some good videos on youtube as well.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I haven't shot one myself but they seem to be great guns. I have a 300blk and love that rifle a lot. Ohio Ordnance Works have built a modern day BAR and it is absolutely BADASS! The price is intimidating but for some reason I have to own it. http://www.ohioordnanceworks.com/hcar Theres some good videos on youtube as well.

That thing is awesome. Looks like even less recoil than the Scar 17. Pretty price tag on it to:D

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
That thing is awesome. Looks like even less recoil than the Scar 17. Pretty price tag on it to:D

OOW is top notch stuff. They're not shy with the price tags that's for sure. I was bummed I didn't get one of their lowers before they banned them here. They didn't have any available.

I'm kind of jealous you live in AK. How do you like it? That's where I want to go on vacation. Not some silly Island in the middle of the ocean where it's 200 degrees at night.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
Honestly the price is fair considering what you are getting. It's not a mass produced AR. My discounted price on a Troy Modular 5.56/.308 rig built my way was just under that amount and not quite as attractive to me. I love the BAR and the 06 cartridge. it may not cycle as fast as others but with that level of demonstrated control, it isn't needed.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
I too love the 30-06, but I get my fill with a M1 Garrand. Much less expensive and just as effective. I have to admit though I like that BAR imitation as well, too bad it's so high...

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
OOW is top notch stuff. They're not shy with the price tags that's for sure. I was bummed I didn't get one of their lowers before they banned them here. They didn't have any available.

I'm kind of jealous you live in AK. How do you like it? That's where I want to go on vacation. Not some silly Island in the middle of the ocean where it's 200 degrees at night.

Alaska is love it or hate it where I live. Interior Alaska is harsh country, -50+ to 90's in the summer sometimes, and muggy as hell, Skeeters that could pack off a baby... It has it's pros as well, lots of wide open country might never see a soul for days.

I moved here from Idaho so It wasn't as spectacular for me as it is for some. I grew up in some of the best hunting and fishing areas in the world. Lets just say after 11 winters I'm ready to go home.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I think the Scar 17 will fit the bill for me. Solid hitting .308 round, excellent accuracy, robust as hell, proven weapon used in the sand box right now, little to no recoil... I can't seem to talk myself out of one:mad:

Akers

Jun 20, 2014
I think the Scar 17 will fit the bill for me. Solid hitting .308 round, excellent accuracy, robust as hell, proven weapon used in the sand box right now, little to no recoil... I can't seem to talk myself out of one:mad:
Just do it. I haven't seen an FN firearm that isn't worth every penny yet. There's a reason John Moses Browning spent his last days with them.

BLACKMAX1

WAY2EVL
Jul 10, 2013
VA beach

Absolutely dude go for it. Defiantly give some feedback when you pick one up, I've been interested in one for awhile.