309.3 KB · Views: 764
  • IMGP1212.jpg
    IMGP1212.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 610

JOHNBOY

< Rocking the Big Single!
Aug 30, 2006
Saegertown, Pa
And you run it in single right? Thats a monster single if so.

Yes.

I don't have an auto so things are a little different. I was able to light a GT4788 last year. It was laggy though. This has a custom billet wheel that is smaller then the GT4788 wheel. They say it will light easier but run almost as hard and be more durable. Time will tell.

I need to take a picture of this one setting next to my GT42. This is a biggen.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Yes.

I don't have an auto so things are a little different. I was able to light a GT4788 last year. It was laggy though. This has a custom billet wheel that is smaller then the GT4788 wheel. They say it will light easier but run almost as hard and be more durable. Time will tell.

I need to take a picture of this one setting next to my GT42. This is a biggen.
John, do you men 4708 or 4718? I'm assuming you're talking about the 4718 as it has the 88 mm inducer (guessing you put the inducer as the last two instead of the exducer)? That is a HUGE turbo to run as a single. I can't imagine what kind of RPM it takes to light something that big. What size turbine housing did you run?

Last edited:

JOHNBOY

Aug 30, 2006
Saegertown, Pa
John, do you men 4708 or 4718? I'm assuming you're talking about the 4718 as it has the 88 mm inducer (guessing you put the inducer as the last two instead of the exducer)? That is a HUGE turbo to run as a single. I can't imagine what kind of RPM it takes to light something that big. What size turbine housing did you run?
Yes Josh I tried a GT4718 with .96 AR. It came on at a little over 3500rpm. This is closer to a GT4708. I leave the line at real close to 4800rpm.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Yes Josh I tried a GT4718 with .96 AR. It came on at a little over 3500rpm. This is closer to a GT4708. I leave the line at real close to 4800rpm.
That's insane! That muffler you run must really tame the sound because I would have never thought it was that high from listening to your videos.

JOHNBOY

Aug 30, 2006
Saegertown, Pa
That's insane! That muffler you run must really tame the sound because I would have never thought it was that high from listening to your videos.

The muffler is very effective. It is large and long. It fills most of the 7" stack. I don't like the sound of the crackle it makes without it. Sounds a lot like Wakeman's truck. In the cab it is very nasty. The muffler helps a lot. Plus it makes it sound different then everyone else.

minisub

6-5/6-6;Whatever It Takes
Sep 11, 2006
Cleveland, OH
Nice. :thumb:

Alisa was sitting next to me at the dining room table when I opened this and saw she the pictures. Her comment was: "wow, that looks cool."

I agree, and damn, I married well.....:happy2:

on edit: Love the thread title. I am sure everyone has read it in the voice of Pacino....

"The World Is Yours" would make a great tailgate graphic for "The Big Stick"

Last edited:

JOHNBOY

Aug 30, 2006
Saegertown, Pa
wow that looks nice ..... do they machine the lines on it to kinda bite the air??
The lines are a result of machining. Most wheels are actually cast to shape. This one was machined from a solid billet. To machine something that complex you need a 5 axis machine. The lines are a result of the step over of the ball end mill used. You will see the same thing on CNC ported heads

Nice. :thumb:

Alisa was sitting next to me at the dining room table when I opened this and saw she the pictures. Her comment was: "wow, that looks cool."

I agree, and damn, I married well.....:happy2:
My wife thinks it looks cool to. The bill on the other hand.:eek:

They where nice enough to throw in some shirts, a hat, Big stickers, a seat cushion, flanges and gaskets.

Great people to work with. They ask tons of questions. Want datalogger info. I started the process of ordering back in November. Lots of calls back and fourth to get it all planned out as I was after something not on the shelf.

Last edited: