S475 over stock with egr

skippie69

Apr 6, 2015
'm seriously considering twinning my 08 LMM. If I do I'll be building the kit myself. I've done a lot of reading but the one question I can't answer is is there enough room to work around the egr ? I'm lucky to live in a area that does e-testing and need it to stay. Definitely seems it will be a super tight fit! Anybody done this.? I found a post by Nick at duramaxtuner stating with this setup the choke point would be the hot side inlet of the stock turbo, and a LLY turbo is a upgrade for this. I happen to have a LLY charger so I'll be putting that in as well,

Any insight is always welcome, thanks

Skippie

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
i believe your issue will be more of a boost leak problem with the EGR. I think it was Josh on here that explained how after a certain psi the EGR will open and cause a boost leak. There is an old thread on it somewhere. your next issue is the riser off the up pipe to the EGR, this takes up valuble room for the hot pipe from the stock turbo to the larger turbo. I think there are some kits out there that build around this issue though. never looked that much into it.

skippie69

Apr 6, 2015
Thanks for the reply, i never thought about the egr that way. But makes sense. Id definrly have to block the egr and tune it out. Definitely going to be a tight fit. Soon as i get my cab back on the chassis ill do some measuring... Thanks

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
How do you plan on getting around the visual check? Or is that not done in your area? Or are they too "stupid" to know it is not stock with a second charger in there?

I've been contemplating building compounds (or a procharger) myself but couldn't get past the visual check on smog inspection unless I reverted back each time

Washingtonlmmm

Jul 25, 2018
If you do figure it out and get it to work you would have to worry about fuel Didn’t see that in your signature my lmm ran like shit with tunes 90 hp and bigger stock turbo. I needed a lift pump and I had to plug off the fuel pressure release valve on the rail. Just something to think about. I guess if you ran a small tune with twin/compound you might get by having fuel issues. Along what one of the others guys said the egr mighht not be the only leak area. Once I figured out my fuel system and tuning I ended up blowing the seals out of my ybridge but since you would be stock egr I believe there’s a couple spots on the stock egr/passenger intercooler pipe that wouldn’t hold up to much passed factory. Sucks you can’t delete it all but I have definitely learned through trial and error there are supporting mods for almost everything. Good luck bud

skippie69

Apr 6, 2015
They only care that the emission stuff is in place. And theres no engine lights. My fuel system consists of air dogg 2, sump, race plug, ported fuel fitting,

Skippie

jwrkansas

Mar 3, 2012
If you wanted to shave a little but of space you could swap over to an lbz up-pipe/egr cooler (they are a little smaller) It may make things a touch easier. And I'd weld up the inlet of the egr cooler and that way you wouldn't even need a blocker plate at that point.