LBZ: S472 choices

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
Any form of a BW S400 is going to seem plenty affordable. But upgrade the comp wheel to a type of billet design will jump the price a bit. And ante up for double bat or TCT and it will jump the price around $1000ish extra. Worth it? Depends on your goals. These different designs of billet wheels are designed to flow more air at the same shaft speeds. They are most of the time lighter as well, so spool is quicker.

plowboy_lbz

Farmer
Aug 6, 2013
Any form of a BW S400 is going to seem plenty affordable. But upgrade the comp wheel to a type of billet design will jump the price a bit. And ante up for double bat or TCT and it will jump the price around $1000ish extra. Worth it? Depends on your goals. These different designs of billet wheels are designed to flow more air at the same shaft speeds. They are most of the time lighter as well, so spool is quicker.

I've heard a lot of talk about billet wheels spooling slower. Anybody have some first hand experience?

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
It made more than your twin turbo setup, just saying and a lot cheaper than a double bat and TCT....and per the website it's 2300$ not 2600$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha no your fuel made more power then my turbos. Mine isn't out of air like yours was, but I'm not going to fight drive line the rest of my trucks life. I am not knocking that turbo. All I'm staying is it better make a lot of power because with $2600 in a turbo and another $1400 or so on an install kit is a lot of money.

On your 900+ runs what do your EGT get to?

country lbz

Feb 28, 2013
Indiana
Also some food for thought on those helping me in my decision making process, which I greatly appreciate. I have a stock Lbz bottom end. I do have carrilo rods and a good block and I will be starting to build the bottom end this summer. But I do need to keep the rods inside until it's finished:D. So with that being said, would everyone still recommend going 87/.90ar. Or maybe 87/1.0ar? I need to be able to tow on occasions.

country lbz

Feb 28, 2013
Indiana
I had one of your used 472s bought Brayden. From a guy that we both know fairly well. I thought after a phone conversation with me saying "consider it sold when would you like your cash" that would get the point across. Next day it was sold from underneath me. But whatever I guess.

country lbz

Feb 28, 2013
Indiana
No you weren't involved. And to remove confusion the turbo I was going to buy was a 5-6 year old unit, not the new FPE 472. It was just a good price on it that's why I was after it. Make no mistake about it, I would buy the new FPE 472 tomorrow, but with with me building a new home, when I buy truck parts I am bargain shopping and buying used stuff. If this house didn't cost me about 2,500$ a week out of pocket, I'd be buying a FPE 472. Misners numbers are very impressive.

smkndmax05

"Smoked Out"
Feb 17, 2011
Indiana
No you weren't involved. And to remove confusion the turbo I was going to buy was a 5-6 year old unit, not the new FPE 472. It was just a good price on it that's why I was after it. Make no mistake about it, I would buy the new FPE 472 tomorrow, but with with me building a new home, when I buy truck parts I am bargain shopping and buying used stuff. If this house didn't cost me about 2,500$ a week out of pocket, I'd be buying a FPE 472. Misners numbers are very impressive.

Thanks. More to follow on Wednesday!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk