LBZ: S472 choices

country lbz

Feb 28, 2013
Indiana
After a long time thinking about it. I believe mikes thread 472 vs vvt72 has me convinced that I too will soon be running a 472. I've done quite a bit of searching for new and used, and I can't come up with a decision on where to buy the turbo. I was hoping to find a used 472 83/.90ar but I've had no such luck so looks like I'll be buying a new unit. Anyone make any suggestions on the best place to get one? There's so many opinions based on my searches I couldn't come up with a good answer for myself. Thanks in advance.

blue09dmaxx

Too broke for this shit
Jan 15, 2012
The south
Honestly a 472/83/.90 is same just different wheel choices some
Say borgwarner is a better turbo than bullseye but that's not been discussed much

country lbz

Feb 28, 2013
Indiana
That's kind of where I was headed with this. Should I buy a box stock unit for reasonable money or spend the extra coin on a fancy wheel, cover, ect. I'm not against buying the fancy goods as long as they are worth the coin. I've thought about giving forced inductions a call but I can't seem to find much feed back on them.

07metallicgreen

Nov 24, 2011
Smicksburg, PA
I love my 72 double bat. id talk to guys that own and sell the actual turbos. mark at Danville helped me along with a bunch of local guys. id look at getting a 1.0 exhaust instead of .90, it might get a little warm at times

country lbz

Feb 28, 2013
Indiana
I need to be able to tow every so often. (Probably a buddies truck to a pull). So I was kind of nervous about going 87 on the turbine. Also I'm afraid my converter may be a bit tight. But that's not a huge problem. I'll just send it to Mr Phil Taylor and he'll get it fixed back up.

smkndmax05

"Smoked Out"
Feb 17, 2011
Indiana
FPE Billet S471/2 87 turbine .90 housing is a blast to drive. Made almost 1k on the dyno and great street manners. 1350 is the warmest I've seen in kill mode!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk