S366 over S480 And 100% over Sticks...Too Much

duramaxdiesel

Dmax Nut
Oct 23, 2008
Montreal, Canada
That's the setup I'll be running along with Dual CP3's. My question is, are the oversized injectors going to be too much for the turbos to clean up? This will be my daily driver more or less and will never tow. Motor will have everything from SoCal damper to SoCal flexplate with everything else in between.

Thanks for the help guys.

Nick

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
tuning plays a GIGANTIC role in how your turbos clean up smoke.... Sure with 100 overs and say a 3000pw you're going to smoke crazy. Once you get the truck running play with it

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
Who's injectors? It all depends on what your opinion of streetable is. I would say yes that would be a blast to drive, but if you dont have the proper tuning, injectors that big can be a smoke show on the road.

duramaxdiesel

Dmax Nut
Oct 23, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Yeah that's what I'm concerned about. I know Rob has a GREAT track record with tuning twins and my goal is 10's. 10.99 and faster I'll be a happy man:D My injectors were done by Extrude Hone. Jim Bower did them.

Nick

duramaxdiesel

Dmax Nut
Oct 23, 2008
Montreal, Canada
No man, the lift is still on. I was waiting for that to come up lol. I know it's probably asking alot but I only tip the scales at 6350 lbs. And that's with me in the truck with my 37's.

Rob, I'll be sending you a PM

Nick

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
What in the world did you strip from your truck to get it to 6350lbs?

Sounds like its going to be a nice setup. Good luck.

Last edited:

duramaxdiesel

Dmax Nut
Oct 23, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Yeah I know Tom. I couldn't believe it either when they weighed me. All I did was remove the spare tire. I guess it has to do with the fact that I'm a stripped down model. Right down to the hand cranked windows and rubber floor mats lol.

Thanks man! I think it's going to be a nice setup too. Both chargers will be coming from Fleece. I wonder what he did to the 480:D

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Yeah I know Tom. I couldn't believe it either when they weighed me. All I did was remove the spare tire. I guess it has to do with the fact that I'm a stripped down model. Right down to the hand cranked windows and rubber floor mats lol.

Thanks man! I think it's going to be a nice setup too. Both chargers will be coming from Fleece. I wonder what he did to the 480:D

Just an FYI Fleece's chargers are nothing special and are outrageously overpriced... "Their" S475 is about 1000$ more than what i paid for mine with the same exact options.

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Sorry, I'm not real familiar with those turbos? What are the wheel sizes on them? Who is building your twins? What kind of boost are you looking to make? You are using SoCal heads I assume which ones? Yes Rob is a great tuner, he just replaced the 130 over injectors that were in White Out with a set of SoCal 100 overs and tuned it. No smoke at idle, great street mannors, and so far at 2450us cleans up nicely on the track. I have a 4094 over a 5533. Runs 80 lbs of boost and about 90 lbs of drive pressure at WOT with that amount of fuel. Truck is 6500 lbs. I have stage 2 heads from SoCal.

duramaxdiesel

Dmax Nut
Oct 23, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Both my chargers are coming from Fleece. The 366 and the 480. I don't have the specs off hand but I'll check it out and post them later tonight. As for my heads, well I bought them off you Ken:rofl: Yeah I know, I'm getting old too :D As for boost I really don't know where I'll be. I want it to run hard and efficient. No smoke at idle would be nice but I wonder how she will be on the street.

Nick

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Both my chargers are coming from Fleece. The 366 and the 480. I don't have the specs off hand but I'll check it out and post them later tonight. As for my heads, well I bought them off you Ken:rofl: Yeah I know, I'm getting old too :D As for boost I really don't know where I'll be. I want it to run hard and efficient. No smoke at idle would be nice but I wonder how she will be on the street.

Nick

Damn I'm getting old can't remember that crap, sorry Nick.:eek::eek::D Those heads went into the 9's on Max'd Out. And for what's it worth, they are SoCal 1.5's according to Guy.

Last edited:

MD-Dmax

Jan 6, 2010
Sorry, I'm not real familiar with those turbos? What are the wheel sizes on them? Who is building your twins? What kind of boost are you looking to make? You are using SoCal heads I assume which ones? Yes Rob is a great tuner, he just replaced the 130 over injectors that were in White Out with a set of SoCal 100 overs and tuned it. No smoke at idle, great street mannors, and so far at 2450us cleans up nicely on the track. I have a 4094 over a 5533. Runs 80 lbs of boost and about 90 lbs of drive pressure at WOT with that amount of fuel. Truck is 6500 lbs. I have stage 2 heads from SoCal.

glad to see you like those injectors are doing better for you ken :thumb:

Last edited: