Question: Running lights under front bumper

kurtfromct

Oct 7, 2010
CT
i ordered 5 round LED lights that i am going to put in my front bumper under where the license plate is to work as running lights. i want them to come on when the cab lights on the roof come on (i dont have cab lights but will be adding them eventually). does anybody have some tips on how to go about wiring them? thank you

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
why is that?
I just don't think it would look good. I've never been a big fan of putting a ton of lights on a truck, especially a single wheel truck. I think it can be pulled off on a DRW truck, but it just looks awkward on a single wheel. Of course that is just my opinion. What you do with your truck is up to you. :thumb:

05chevy

Jun 10, 2010
I wired a lot If my lights inline with the running lights that was about the easiest or u could go in the fuse box

3500madmax4x4

Dec 18, 2009
texas
i dont think it would look good eather .. do something behind the grill behind the bumper were the bulb cant be seen but the light coming off the bulb will be..i once did a neon light behind a painted flamed grill,i took a can of burned orange spray paint and misted it over the clear outer cover of the neon ,the dark orange over the bright purple looked sharp,, it looked like it was breathing fire from hell,, with out it drawing away from the rest of the truck.. But to be bold and pull off that look with running lights i agree its hard to do on 3/4 it tend to be were the focus goes and away from the truck

3500madmax4x4

Dec 18, 2009
texas
were ever you tap in use a RELAY i have learned over an over if you us a relay you will be 100 safe from messing anything up that you use as a source to trigger the the lights thru the relay.. post pics if you would of your lights once you finish them :thumb:

kurtfromct

Oct 7, 2010
CT
ill post pictures whenever i get this done. i bought 5 leds but they wont work in the spot i want. once i find the right lights im gonna do this.