Rough Country 3" lift install on a 3500 dually

Dmax87

Dec 3, 2013
Whats up everyone, bout to pull the trigger on RC's 3" level/lift kit for my 2009 sierra 3500hd 4x4. Description of the kit states it will not work with dual rear wheels, so I give RC a call to see what can I do to make this kit work on a dually, the guy stated the only thing different that will not work in the kit is the rear u-bolts. The kit comes with 1.5" blocks for the rear. So my question is would anyone happen to have specs for the rear u-bolts that I can pass along to a spring shop to have made, or would it be easier to just buy a stock dually u-bolt and tell them to add 1.5" length to them? Other options? Thanks guys!!

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
If you haven't bought anything save your money and buy a full 4" lift. You will save yourself alot of headaches and back pain in the future.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
^^2x

Also, I took mine down to a spring shop and told them what to make. Came back the next day and picked them up. Had them upsized to the next larger diameter too. I think 3/4" if I'm not mistaken

Dmax87

Dec 3, 2013
If you haven't bought anything save your money and buy a full 4" lift. You will save yourself alot of headaches and back pain in the future.

Wouldn’t mind a 4” just don’t see spending quite a bit more coin for another inch of height. Seems like kits go from the $700 I’m looking at to the price of a 6” lift for another inch of lift.

Blackmax123

Aug 2, 2014
central Pennsylvania
It's well worth the extra money for a 4" lift. A 4" lift has true 4" brackets that drop the diff and a arms down 4" there for you can have a 4" lift and maintain good cv angles and steering geometry.

04chase

Mar 28, 2008
your doing a cranked torsion key vs a complete cradle lift.

huge difference in price and labor but ride quality and durability will be substanitally better with the real lift kit . I have done more trucks than i care to admit and all of the leveled kits that i cant talk a customer out of wind up getting real lift kits installed shortly after.

the one thing a leveling kit has going for it , is most of the components can and will be used in the real cradle lift.