LB7: Reverse Lights and the BCM

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
Long story short my reverse light are not getting power at the under hood fuse block, if I probe the fuse with power the lights work. Does the BCM control power supply to the fuse or is there a switch on the steering column? I am asking, because every now and then I get a code that is "lost communication with BCM". If the BCM is triggering stuff, probably would explain why my Glow Plugs don't seem to work either.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Here is the wiring diagram (assuming for the '01 in your sig).

attachment.php

Attachments

• Back up lamp.png
    Back up lamp.png
    40.6 KB · Views: 97

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
I found this on DP

"This info applies to 2001/2002 model years. Not sure about other years.
Here's a few of the signal generated from the NSBU. There may be more.

-Electronically tells transmission what gear is selected, (no mechanical links and levers).
-Allows START command when in Park / Neutral.
-Back-Up Lamp supply volatage.
-Back-Up Alarm
-Allows A/T Shift Lock when in RUN or START, PARK position, and brake peddle not depress
-Will automatically lock doors, (if programmed), when not in PARK
-Gear selected indication"

ironmax

chock full of goodies
Jul 7, 2010
Col. Ohio
I've got a thread on here about a similar issue, but I also lost my signal wire for my brake controller( wont come on when brake pedal is depressed) and third brake light only comes on when I manually operate my brake controller. Haven't had a lot of time to really dive into it lately. So hoping for some direct locations. I need to pull the under hood fuse block and see if some critters got in there. Wouldn't be the first time.

Sent from my SM-J337A using Tapatalk

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
Well just to update everyone that is interested, I ended up rolling under the truck to find that someone had replaces the NSBU plug and that a couple of wires had burnt out between the splice and the plug. You couldn't really tell by looking at wire, but give it a pull and the wire came apart. I spliced two of them back together and got reverse lights back as well as my shift lockout back.
Does anyone have the pinout for the NSBU plug, I would like to see if thats what is causing my auto door locks not to work as well.

Last edited: