LBZ: Requesting advice on buying first diesel

palmerkarr

Mar 27, 2020
Hello all,

I live in Alabama, and I am thinking about buying my first diesel truck. I’ve always wanted one and a dealer friend of mine is selling a 2006 GMC 2500 with the LBZ motor. It has 434k miles and a new engine was supposedly put in it at 300k miles. All of the work was done at the Chevy dealership, but it has since closed so I can’t get the paperwork on the motor. The truck is in pretty good shape for being a work truck and having so many miles. The transmission is also leaking, but I took it to a shop for an estimate and they said it was just the pan leaking. I can buy it for $6,300, and I wanted to see what you all thought about the purchase. Thank you all in advance for any advice on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
If you are happy with it's condition and it runs good. Why not

If possible, can you do a compression check on the cylinders before purchasing?

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I would take it to a diesel shop that knows Dmaxs if possible. They have their issues that are costly to repair, but for $6300 you could put some money into it. The only thing bad about buying a high mileage truck is trying to sell it, but if you don’t mind the miles and plan on keeping it a while that’s not an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)