Replacement Driveshaft?

MaxFarmer

<--Heavy Smoker
Jan 22, 2007
Albion, Nebraska
Where are you guys getting your driveshafts? Mine seems to have fallen off this weekend :eek: It then got ran over by 2 different vehicles and is kind of bent up... I need to order another one but would like to know where you guys like to go? Also, Aluminum vs Steel? The one I broke is/was steel, but I have seen aluminum ones on other trucks. I'm an ECSB, so its just a 1 piece shaft.

From another Thread:
. The think that freightrain was talking about had to do with the frame twisting and the driveshaft rubbing on the gear selector shaft. If memory serves me correctly, he fixed it with a support bar that ran from the left side frame rail forward at an angle to the right side of the front axle/suspension crossmember.

Can anyone find a link to this? I had the same thing happen, I think it was when I did my stupid 4lo launch last winter and snapped the PS CV joint, but I still feel like my truck "flexes" more than I would like.
Why does the Pass. side CV always seem to go first?
Thank god I had my E-locker installed, its thy only way I made it home!

Lennart

Not from here !
Aug 10, 2006
Detmold, Germany
I had my driveshaft shortened before and now need a new driveshaft. Just try a local driveline shop, they should be able to help you out.
While the aluminum might look cool, I would go steel, more flexible than aluminum.