Replaced injectors, still a haze

Duramaxduner

Oct 28, 2013
I just finished replacing injectors on my 04 LB7. It smoked worse than any other truck ive ever seen. It was a fog at idle. The job went pretty well. I put all reman injectors in it since its just a secondary truck anyway. I started it up and once it warmed up, it still has a little bit of a haze. Nothing even compared to what it was before but its still is noticeable. Any ideas?

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Have you been and drove it? I've had a couple you have to drive and her everything burnt out of the cyls to get it to quit hazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duramaxduner

Oct 28, 2013
The truck does not have a tune. I haven't really drove it at all. I will put some miles on it. I know its been driven a few thousand miles with bad injectors if that hurts anything?

Duramaxduner

Oct 28, 2013
So I've put about 400 miles on my truck and still it smokes pretty bad. About the same as it did with the "bad injectors". Is there anything that can cause a truck to do this? I have not changed the oil yet so I guess there could be fuel in the oil. Could a bad FPR cause this? Any other ideas?

Duramaxduner

Oct 28, 2013
Also, I did not pull out any of the injector cups when I did the job. They all stayed in place.

Frankin_truck

Nov 22, 2013
Like others have said do a compression test. I have ran into this a few times low compression (bent rod or hole in the piston) will cause a haze or white smoke at idle. good luck

Brent@LDS

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 23, 2011
Wisconsin
I hate to say it but I'm going to say that you have some bad injectors. The OEM Bosch units are the only ones to use!!

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Send them to get bench tested. Don't be shocked at the results.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk