Rebuilding my lb7

desaias

May 4, 2023
nebraska
So I got a lb7, crank pin sheared and my crank broke. Got the motor out looked like 2 of the heads got scuffed up,

But any who, im planning on trying to rebuild this but I'm not super familiar with all of this, I seen dmax store has a rotating assembly kit I can buy, I guess my question is. What all would I have to replace in doing this process

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
So I got a lb7, crank pin sheared and my crank broke. Got the motor out looked like 2 of the heads got scuffed up,

But any who, im planning on trying to rebuild this but I'm not super familiar with all of this, I seen dmax store has a rotating assembly kit I can buy, I guess my question is. What all would I have to replace in doing this process
Step 1 would be having your block verified good.

Step 2 would be determining what HP you want the truck to make and how you're going to use it.

desaias

May 4, 2023
nebraska
Definitely adding more power, before the crank broke. The top end was good and ready for more power, but the bottom end had not been touched. So I know I need a new crank and rods. I'll have to get it all looked at. Might need a new block now. Idk what all for Fucked when the crank broke. Some of the heads had some scratches, but only like 2 or 3 of them from what I could see.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Definitely adding more power, before the crank broke. The top end was good and ready for more power, but the bottom end had not been touched. So I know I need a new crank and rods. I'll have to get it all looked at. Might need a new block now. Idk what all for Fucked when the crank broke. Some of the heads had some scratches, but only like 2 or 3 of them from what I could see.
If you need any help sourcing parts, any of our forum approved vendors/sponsors (myself included) can get you squared away.

With some of the parts that have come out recently it's much more affordable to build a 800-1000whp capable engine than it was say 5yrs ago.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
With some of the parts that have come out recently it's much more affordable to build a 800-1000whp capable engine than it was say 5yrs ago.
That's the truth for sure. It is equal parts exciting and annoying to compare the parts I had to buy 8+ years ago for my build vs. what you can get now to hold the same power.

Reactions: Bdsankey