Rear Seat lift to accommodate sub box??

RMJ_LB7

Feb 25, 2020
California
I know LMM rear seats are different but my 02 has 4 10" subs behind the rear seat with a custom box i built. realistically 3 is better suited for the box air space but ive been driving about 700w's to them for 14 years without issue and the cones are damn near on the seat.

Do you have a picture of the sub box you built? I just put my 2 10” subs behind the seat with a cheap box for now because I plan on updating the interior in my truck with the newer year seats. I want to go to 3 10’s in the future.
1c1889935687749714a2dfb9c1a1d284.jpg

399e55c4d6a866dea5da86dd823c2bc5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
looks identical to yours but i trimmed some metal brackets at the seat brackets the little flappers things sat on/mounted to so the box was as forward as possible and then removed the plastic vent tubes you have your box mounted around so its basically as large as you can go. My amp is in the same spot too.

If i remember to grab pics when im loading it on the trailer this afternoon, ill post them.

RMJ_LB7

Feb 25, 2020
California
looks identical to yours but i trimmed some metal brackets at the seat brackets the little flappers things sat on/mounted to so the box was as forward as possible and then removed the plastic vent tubes you have your box mounted around so its basically as large as you can go. My amp is in the same spot too.

If i remember to grab pics when im loading it on the trailer this afternoon, ill post them.

Right on! I think when I got to build the box for the 3 10s I will remove the vent tubes as well. They seem pretty pointless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J_Stone06

Wasn't me...🥴
Oct 13, 2012
Nowhere, KS
Time to revive this old thread...So, I've been enormously busy over the last couple years, but I finally got my door speakers and tweeters changed out (tweeters tonight)...I am currently still rocking the O.E. Factory GM DVD/NAV Head unit (HU)/receiver. My eyes rolled back in my head when I looked at the price of aftermarket HU's...decent double din receivers on Crutchfield run $500+ (really just Kenwood) due to the harness clearance issues outlined by them....
Here's what I went with: 6-3/4" Kickers 4ohm door speakers x4, and also got the Infinity Reference 375-TX for tweeters. I will say, they are much better than the Bose!...Just waaaaaay underpowered!
Doing this reignited my audio itch, again.
I need to save up some change and get a different HU, 4 Ch amp for the door speakers (thinking of putting it under center console), and "thinking" of doing Skar Zvx- 8's x4, powered by a Skar 4500.1 mono amp for woofer setup...
To fit it, I'm still looking at doing LMI's 2.5" rear seat lift kit...it will allow me to increase airbox size a little (w/port) and more importantly, to better fit the larger magneted subwoofers (increased depth), forward firing subs. Thinking of rolling bedliner on the airbox to make it more rugged and give it something other than carpeting...
Has anyone else done the bedliner on their subwoofer box? Curious how it turned out and if so, what product did yall use?

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
If your truck has the factory Bose setup with Bucket seats and a center console, I believe there is already an amp in the console for the speakers. I know the Classic body had a 5 channel amp in the console to fire the sub that was buried in there along with the rest of the speakers in the truck.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
If your truck has the factory Bose setup with Bucket seats and a center console, I believe there is already an amp in the console for the speakers. I know the Classic body had a 5 channel amp in the console to fire the sub that was buried in there along with the rest of the speakers in the truck.
That's were me is at. Easy to see if you pop the cup holder tray thing out

J_Stone06

Wasn't me...🥴
Oct 13, 2012
Nowhere, KS
The factory amp does not do a good job at powering said aftermarket speakers, IMO, so I'll need to get a better amp, and more capable HU to distribute everything. I like the idea of tapping the signal off the wires going to the factory amp, but almost seems like too much work if I want to run door speakers off one 4 ch amp and subs off another mono block...I know there are harnesses that allow for 4 channel setups, but I need more capability, without making a butcher-fest of my wiring... 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
The factory amp does not do a good job at powering said aftermarket speakers, IMO, so I'll need to get a better amp, and more capable HU to distribute everything. I like the idea of tapping the signal off the wires going to the factory amp, but almost seems like too much work if I want to run door speakers off one 4 ch amp and a sub off another mono block...I know there are harnesses that allow for 4 channel setups, but I need more capability, without making a butcher-fest of my wiring... 🤷‍♂️
My bose is a 4 channel amp. The stock radio is actually quite good with balanced line out signals. It's a good clean strong signal. May want to try it first before condemning it right off.

J_Stone06

Wasn't me...🥴
Oct 13, 2012
Nowhere, KS
My bose is a 4 channel amp. The stock radio is actually quite good with balanced line out signals. It's a good clean strong signal. May want to try it first before condemning it right off.
I guess I'm confused. Lol. Is there some other way to accomplish my upgrade endeavors, while maintaining the stock HU/receiver? I can run an aftermarket 4 ch amp and a separate monoblock with the stock HU/receiver, without hacking my wiring harnesses all up? *For the record, I do have a factory Bose amplifier, under the center console*

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Use an amp with 4x balanced inputs and it can take the signal right from the HU/receiver. And if your new amp has a separate crossover/sub out then you rout that to the sub amp

Because I didn't want to hack my harness either I went to pick and pull and got me a connector from another vehicle. If I remember correctly there is a short pigtail that is on the bose amp. If you can find one then you can cut the bose side off and use it to connect to your new amp. Otherwise the side that connects to the harness is a common connector used several places in these vehicles so you might be able to find something else that will plug right in

J_Stone06

Wasn't me...🥴
Oct 13, 2012
Nowhere, KS
Use an amp with 4x balanced inputs and it can take the signal right from the HU/receiver. And if your new amp has a separate crossover/sub out then you rout that to the sub amp

Because I didn't want to hack my harness either I went to pick and pull and got me a connector from another vehicle. If I remember correctly there is a short pigtail that is on the bose amp. If you can find one then you can cut the bose side off and use it to connect to your new amp. Otherwise the side that connects to the harness is a common connector used several places in these vehicles so you might be able to find something else that will plug right in
Very cool, I will look into this more. Thanks! 🍻

J_Stone06

Wasn't me...🥴
Oct 13, 2012
Nowhere, KS
I think for now, I may actually look into using the LC7i, 6 ch LOC. I may just violate my own wishes and patch into the wires, pre-amp, and use the sum/bus feature to pull audio signal for my subwoofers. I like this idea best so far, because I can also adjust line output levels to the amps, run a 4 ch amp and a monoblock amp, without the need for a 12v remote from the HU system. You can then just run a remote wire from this LOC unit to your amps (if you decide to not patch into the pink remote). It is rather interesting to catch up on new-age car audio stuff (for me). Anyway, I'll leave a link for anyone else who wants to look at it. If anyone has tried this, and failed, please leave a comment, as I'd like to know. Thanks! https://www.crutchfield.com/p_161LC7IB/AudioControl-LC7i-Black.html?tp=100807

Trimox

Aug 31, 2017
I'd love to use that, but it lacks the 5th channel I need for a sub. Unless I'm just not understanding something, which may very well be the case. 😬

Any 4 channel amp worth having will have RCA pass through. RCAs from the PAC interface to your 4 channel amp, RCAs from 4 channel amp to monoblock amp.

You can get more sound control out of the LC7. But any good amp should have some kind of crossover in it.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
That looks like it is for the Lux Bose setup, not the typical Bose setup found in the pickups. I didn't know they made one for that, good to know.

Sent from my FlashScan V2 using Tapatalk