LML Rear main leak?

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
Even if they don't fix it now, at least it's on paper that I brought it in for a leak and that they acknowledged it but couldn't locate the source. Might help later on after it's out of warranty.

Since they just claimed it as seepage this ^^ for sure will help you out in the long run. As long as it's documented you will be good.

thunder550

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
No worries, I still have 2 years and 13k miles on the powertrain warranty. I'm driving about 5k miles a year, so that leaves 2 years left before I'd be on the hook for a leak. I'll just run it til it gets bad and take it back.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
No worries, I still have 2 years and 13k miles on the powertrain warranty. I'm driving about 5k miles a year, so that leaves 2 years left before I'd be on the hook for a leak. I'll just run it til it gets bad and take it back.

You'll be pulling the engine and building it long before then. No worries for sure. :roflmao:

farky

DIRT POOR FARM BOY
Jan 14, 2010
Leesburg, Ohio
Just got mine back from dealer today. Looked the same....no drips, just seeping enough to make a mess down there. Thought it was rear main but just oil pan. They covered it.

Taylor-34

Jan 13, 2014
Cali..
Yea I had this problem too, didn't matter tho I had to pull oil pan no matter what cuz the F-tard that owned it before me F'd the drain plug up.. So I swapped the pan out and cleaned it all up.. No more "seepage"

TxLML

Feb 26, 2015
Sub'd mines leaking in same spot. Hope the dealer will cover my deleted truck since it's a known problem.

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO

Was that truck really purchased that late from a dealer?