Radio won't shut off

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
When you shut the key off the radio will continue to play until the door is opened. Lately it won't even shut off after the door is opened. Close it and reopen and it usually shuts off. Today it wouldn't shut off at all, had to open the back door to make it shut down.

Is there some kind of sensor or switch on the door that's going bad??

I don't know anything about this, so any help is appreciated.

PhilsLB7

Way Better Than Facebook
Jun 29, 2009
Tennessee
Subscribing . . . mine has done something similar (but not lately). May be the door switch. Next time this happens see if your dome light is on or off. If the dome light is off the switch may be bad or going bad.

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Just went and checked. Domes on and so is all the lights in the dash, guages etc.

Where is that switch??

PhilsLB7

Way Better Than Facebook
Jun 29, 2009
Tennessee
Not exactly sure. Usually it's in the door jam somewhere but I don't see one. Waited for interior lights to go off, pulled door handle without opening door and lights did not come on. Barely opened the door and interior lights came on. Has to be hidden somewhere (maybe in door).

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
My truck does it all the time. If you push up on the door latch everything will shut off like the door was opened. I have to do it almost every time I shut the truck off. I don't know if you can adjust the latch in the jam or not.