Racing in Nevada:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
http://www.pershingcountyspeedweek.com/

This will be a standing start 1 kilometer race measuring only trap speeds. Less extreme safety equipment, kinda like the Texas Mile.

And they will have a Open Road Roadrace too. I'd like to run Casper in both.

If you want a hand in setting the rules, and you like to race, send them an Email to :

[email protected]

My thoughts are that since it's a kilo, it most closely resembles an NHRA type event, and should have similiar safety requirements based on MPH.

Let's get honest, only a fool would destroy a late model truck by putting Bonneville stuff in it. Wait... :angel:

To me, the more racing venues the better.

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
If the rules dont require me to cage my truck and bunch of other saftey "non-sense" lol, I just may do a little converting for this event.....;)

I'd really like to shoot for a 150mph run.

ROGUE GTS

Apr 30, 2008
I just noticed this, will it sanctioned like silverstate?

How long is the openroad race? I you've never done one they are a blast. 165 average with 185 top speed is good stuff. I'd love to run unlimited but it becomes a race car only at that point.

I can get some of the usual SS suspects there if it's a decent setup.

ROGUE GTS

Apr 30, 2008
pat any idea on whts reqd for to race for a street driven truck ?

If it's like SS, it depends on the class. I know the lower classes <110mph average, don't require much at all. It only gets a bit wild when you're over the 150 average.

ROGUE GTS

Apr 30, 2008
Man up guys, it's a blast!

ORRBackground.jpg

PI5Send816.jpg

PI5Send9131.jpg

PI5Send1211.jpg

PI5Send2012.jpg

d5.jpg

PI5Send264.jpg

If you don't know, that Camaro is all kinds of NASTY! :driving2:

tractor

Mar 19, 2009
Spring Creek,NV
Pat If you decide to enter let me know I usually go watch the road race every year.The roadrace has gotten pretty big.It is only 50 miles from were I live.
Darryl