Raced a hellcat on the interstate in my lbz

256_LBZ

Jan 12, 2020
Fort Payne Alabama
Riding along down the interstate this morning a hellcat rolls up beside me and plays with me a little bit I heard the supercharger whine so I knew I more than likely didn’t have enough for him so from about 70 I dropped into manual mode switch to tune 5 efi by UDT dropped to 5th gear I heard him downshift as well so I knew it was on he honked 3 times and we made a pull at first I pulled on him for about half a truck length then he started reeling me in as I shifted to 6th about 3200 and pulled 6th till rail pressure fell out we were close till around 110-120 then he pulled on I was very surprised at how the lbz stayed up with him I’m only cresting that 600hp Mark Blake has the truck dialed in fuel upgrades soon to come

Reactions: Jakezed22

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Man, I don’t mean to rain on your parade, but there’s no way you raced a hellcat and hung with it that close at 600 hp unless your truck is down around 4000 lbs.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Man, I don’t mean to rain on your parade, but there’s no way you raced a hellcat and hung with it that close at 600 hp unless your truck is down around 4000 lbs.
I agree Josh. I have driven a lot of fast Duramax's. Some of them needed to be in 4X4 on a road test to handle them. 600 HP in a Duramax will not stay even close to me in the Hellcat. At 70 MPH, if I drop a gear it will go sideways at WOT.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I destroyed one out of the hole on a green light. I was smart enough to show brake lights and slow down soon after... so he didn’t pass me like a freight train. Lmao.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Anybody will get me out of the hole. I have to peddle it off idle or just blow the tires off. The car make 480ft lb of tq at 1100 rpm's stock.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Even traction control has a hard time with them lol. Never seen one not activate TC until you’re over 70-80

sawmilldmax

Apr 2, 2013
Mount Airy,NC
I've heard they were nasty, but I didn't know how nasty. I've got a friend who was lucky enough to snag a Demon and I'm scared to death he's going to come up my driveway with it wanting me to ride. Now I know I don't want to take that ride, because I know he can't drive for crap and I owe too much to be sliding along the hardtop on the roof of that thing.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I've heard they were nasty, but I didn't know how nasty. I've got a friend who was lucky enough to snag a Demon and I'm scared to death he's going to come up my driveway with it wanting me to ride. Now I know I don't want to take that ride, because I know he can't drive for crap and I owe too much to be sliding along the hardtop on the roof of that thing.
Then YOU drive it and let him watch. LOL

Reactions: DAVe3283

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
My body guy just got a new wide body charger hell cat, that thing is nasty! I want to race him in the regular cab, 4 wheel boosted launch should get me the win. I hope.... those things are crazy fast.